• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

You are like a little swamp creature, hunched about, carrying the lantern while you scurry from thread to thread, searching, yearning, hoping to find a post of mine - once you do..your eyes widen, your crooked, broken, yellow teeth appear, you think to yourself my time to shine! as your withered, bony fingers scratch a response out, you think to yourself, my life has purpose now!.

In my ~20 years on the internet, this is by far the most eloquent, detailed, #1 NY Times best-selling author type writing of a rendering of calling someone a troll I've ever read. I <3 you.

<3 ditto.

Here are high res scans of some pretty cool artwork you folks might enjoy:

walkingdeadissue02page0.jpg

Would it be sacrilege to splice the two pages together? There really isn't much going on outside of the artwork on either page..

edit -- also would it be so bad to take a white-out pen to get rid of Chad's name? Personally...I don't think the value would go down..thoughts?

I don't think the white out would hurt to much... Honestly the artists themselves use white out on these pages as I discovered when I received my first piece of OA.

Now as far as your description of a troll. That is comic book narrative material right there.

Would it be sacrilege to splice the two pages together? There really isn't much going on outside of the artwork on either page..

edit -- also would it be so bad to take a white-out pen to get rid of Chad's name? Personally...I don't think the value would go down..thoughts?

It would not be sacrilege to splice the two pages together. It's actually pretty common in OA...I have several pages that are spliced together. If Moore had done it before selling the page(s), no one would care.

What would typically be done is that the board with the bottom half would be trimmed down, and then pasted over the bottom part of the board with the top half. In mylar or in a frame, virtually undetectable/seamless. This would also take care of the inscription problem.

The main issue here is that everyone has now seen the page as it exists, on two boards. There ARE collectors who would want the art as it was, even in an imperfect format (i.e. one page on two boards). So you have to take that into consideration because there may be an effect on market value. Collectors don't like other collectors altering art.

On the other hand, you got the page for less than what it would have sold for if all the art was on one board. Again, if Moore had spliced the pages together, then no one would care or fuss about it. No one cares if it's the artist who alters the art. As one singular page, it's worth more.

So if you do decide to splice the pages together, you'll have to sit on the page for a while. As in years. Over time, people will get over it.

As for the inscription...I would not white it out. A big glob of liquid paper (insert your own joke) is, to my eye, even more distracting than an inscription. And it's not like the inscription is anywhere near the art.

Compared to a #35 9.8 for $4100, I'd say you got a damn good deal on that page. So congrats on that, too.

A big glob of liquid paper (insert your own joke) is,.

Could it be...you...being...cool? I...I....lights..flashing....reality crashing...::pinches skin::checks pulse::..

:)

Thanks for the advice :)

I actually just opened photo shop and toyed around a bit -- I may print this scan:

Compared to a #35 9.8 for $4100, I'd say you got a damn good deal on that page. So congrats on that, too.

That book only sold for about $1300. Mycomicshop came on another thread and said that there was bidder error and they worked it out with the underbidder.

I've lurked here for awhile.

Love it.

welcome to the boards :) do you have any OA? can I buy it? haha jk welcome :)

Actually I've spent the last couple months putting together some Walking Dead stuff for a wall display..inspired by you guys.. One piece including issue 92 page 3. My first piece of OA.

Waiting for some framing to put it all up.

I've lurked here for awhile.

Love it.

welcome to the boards :) do you have any OA? can I buy it? haha jk welcome :)

Actually I've spent the last couple months putting together some Walking Dead stuff for a wall display..inspired by you guys.. One piece including issue 92 page 3. My first piece of OA.

Waiting for some framing to put it all up.

careful, its addicting. post the OA if you can!! :)

:) Well... here's what I have so far. Waiting on some frames to put them up right.

Nice page!

I would white out the name Chad. Picked up this from Doug and I don't think I would white out the name on this bad boy.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/ronx/IMG_7388.jpg' alt='IMG_7388.jpg'>

That's pretty easy to white out though -- as easy as blacking out the silver..I think...especially since its a commission I don't think its a big deal...as an aside, GREAT piece!

I did the Millinium Falcon a while back. It was pretty sweet!

woah...the big boy 5000 piece one? that things is worth like 2 grand! even the smaller one i hear is quite the endeavor...you still have it set up?

here is my updated progress...we just finished the floor for the 2nd layer

step44.jpg

step43.jpg

step42r.jpg

step41q.jpg

img20130118222305.jpg