• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #50 9.8 ends at $32,500 !!!

61 posts in this topic

If you check the comic link auctions that just ended the ASM #50 9.8 original owner book ended at $32,500 and the ASM #31 9.8 original owner book was just shy of $22,000....WOW. I guess collectibles are recession proof as some would suggest :)

Jim

No kidding.

I am pumped when I get back 9.4s and psyched when I get 9.6s, but my problem is I don't want to sell them :tonofbricks:

No kidding.

I am pumped when I get back 9.4s and psyched when I get 9.6s, but my problem is I don't want to sell them :tonofbricks:

Keep the 9.4s and 9.6s--sell the 9.8s once you perfect the primo bump. :shrug:

If you check the comic link auctions that just ended the ASM #50 9.8 original owner book ended at $32,500 and the ASM #31 9.8 original owner book was just shy of $22,000....WOW. I guess collectibles are recession proof as some would suggest :)

Jim

Holy Moly... :o :o :o

That's just insane.

And I thought that book would end up in the $10K category. wow! still its a high end copy of a nice book! Must be a big fan of Kingpin. =)

why pay 32k for the 9.8 when you can pay $80 for a raw 4.0 from me.(have it up on boards) :whistle:

What's the primo bump?

From what I gather, nik has a knack for getting some sweet grades back from Sarasota. If he could work on getting some 9.8s, he could probaby buy a cigarette factory or two.

And I thought that book would end up in the $10K category. wow! still its a high end copy of a nice book! Must be a big fan of Kingpin. =)

why pay 32k for the 9.8 when you can pay $80 for a raw 4.0 from me.(have it up on boards) :whistle:

Maybe the winner is a big crime mob boss like the Kingpin :gossip:

What's the primo bump?

From what I gather, nik has a knack for getting some sweet grades back from Sarasota. If he could work on getting some 9.8s, he could probaby buy a cigarette factory or two.

or a second home in wyoming. so brulato (if it was him) pays 32k for the spidey 50 then marks to market the rest of his collection and comes out several hundred thou to the good.

Auction Fever! Catch it!

seriously, arent auctions the worst way yet invented to buy comics ? There is NO dealer bold (or brave) enough to ever charge these prices for a book. They only happen in the heat of the auction where two or more bidders are insanely compelled to bid at ridiculously high numbers to avoid losing the momentary grail book of their dreams. So for every winner with the fleeting thrill of victory tinged with buyers remorse - -- there is at least one underbidder waking from a trance, relieved with a walletful of unspent dough.

Auction Fever! Catch it!

seriously, arent auctions the worst way yet invented to buy comics ? There is NO dealer bold (or brave) enough to ever charge these prices for a book. They only happen in the heat of the auction where two or more bidders are insanely compelled to bid at ridiculously high numbers to avoid losing the momentary grail book of their dreams. So for every winner with the fleeting thrill of victory tinged with buyers remorse - -- there is at least one underbidder waking from a trance, relieved with a walletful of unspent dough.

Very well put.

Maybe the winner is a big crime mob boss like the Kingpin :gossip:

are there any little crime bosses to buy my 4.0?

Wow, 55 grand for a couple of funny books :o

Yeah, I'm a big believer in capitalism, but excesses like this really make me sick.

Funny you should point this out. I've noticed that, as home prices have been falling and economic conditions have been worsening, there has been a growing backlash in this country against conspicuous consumption and excesses. The one exception to the rule? Our little hobby, where we have been and continue to be subjected here on the Boards with thread after gushing thread celebrating the record prices being paid and the latest big money books coming to market. Suddenly, everyone thinks they're "drdonaldblake"! lol

I wonder if this is a temporary phenomenon or whether there will eventually be a backlash here, too. hm

dont worry, the big cure for sales like these 9.8 Spidey's is obvious: the NEXT 9.8 to surface! I believe these 9.8 chasers are in their own corner of our universe. They dont hurt us, and they dont care what we think as long as their Registries get perfecter and perfecter.

dont worry, the big cure for sales like these 9.8 Spidey's is obvious: the NEXT 9.8 to surface! I believe these 9.8 chasers are in their own corner of our universe. They dont hurt us, and they dont care what we think as long as their Registries get perfecter and perfecter.

Brulato doesn't play the registry game. :gossip: