• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reassessing Gerber "9" Designation - Captain Aero #9

4 posts in this topic

There has been much discussion in these threads about re-evaluating Gerber scarcity designations. Obviously 1989, when Gerber published his books, and 2008 are vastly different times, particularly due to the evolution of the Internet.

I, and others, are going to make a concerted effort to reassess the ratings and see how they have held up over the years. Once I compile all the information I will, at some later date, publish it in one compendium.

In separate threads I will list a specific book and solicit information about that book only. Please keep your postings to the specific book at issue.

If you own a copy of the book, please either indicate so or - even better - post an image of it.

If you know of a copy for sale somewhere, please indicate that as well.

If you know of someone who owns a copy, or can offer some observations on how often you have seen a copy in either someone's collection or for sale, please do contribute that information.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!! (thumbs u

Let's start with Captain Aero #9.

Holyoke Publishing

November 1942

One of the few Gerber "9" books that could not be located for the Photo Guides, this particular copy I own, which is supposedly the Rockford pedigree, was allegedly used for the image published years later as a supplemental sticker.

CaptAero9.jpg