• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Rawhide Kid #50

13 posts in this topic

Kid Colt vs. The Rawhide Kid?! :o Now that is a great landmark, 50th issue! :golfclap:

Now, it's a bit hard to tell, being such a light-colored cover, but that copy looks absolutely HG! Unless I'm missing something major, it appears to be an easy 9.4 (or better), I recon... yeee-Haw! (thumbs u

Golly, what a great, esoteric example from that title... I'd think that it would certainly be worth having graded. ;)

I was thinking 9.4 too. Incredible copy.

Is there a slight crease by the Kid's ear in the upper left corner? If so that might drop it to 9.2.

Definitely worth grading.

thanks everyone. I was having a tough time deciding between 9.4/9.6. So 9.4 it is! I think this one is probably the highest graded nonCGCed book I own. Looks great in person. Very white cover and very white pages!

At least a 9.4, I think this issue (#50) was a werehouse find. There seemed to be a ton of high grade copies of this book on the market all of a sudden a few years back. Think twice before slabbing as i think most people who collect this title already have this issue. I picked up a sweet copy during the glut. Now issues from #17 - 29 are always worth slabbing!!! Have any from 18-29 your looking to sell? :grin:

Rawhide Kid #50 CGC Numbers

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 17 0 0 0 17

Near Mint + 9.6 30 0 0 0 30

Near Mint 9.4 5 0 0 0 5

Near Mint - 9.2 2 0 0 0 2

Other issues around these issues have 2 to 3 total copies graded. The 50 has 54 higher grade copies graded. I dont think there are that many Rawhide Kid collectors out there....Dont Slab Yours!!!!

At least a 9.4, I think this issue (#50) was a werehouse find. There seemed to be a ton of high grade copies of this book on the market all of a sudden a few years back. Think twice before slabbing as i think most people who collect this title already have this issue. I picked up a sweet copy during the glut. Now issues from #17 - 29 are always worth slabbing!!! Have any from 18-29 your looking to sell? :grin:

Absolutely correct. About 3 years ago, someone trotted out almost all the 9.8s and most of the 9.6s. I think I paid $45-$55 for my 9.6. Here is the census:

Yes, this does say 17 9.8s!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rawhide Kid

Issue No. 50

Issue Date 2/66

Year 1966

Publisher Marvel Comics

Country

Variant

Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored

See Detail Total

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 17 0 0 0 17

Near Mint + 9.6 30 0 0 0 30

Near Mint 9.4 5 0 0 0 5

Near Mint - 9.2 2 0 0 0 2

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 0 0 0 0 0

Very Fine + 8.5 1 0 0 0 1

Very Fine 8.0 1 0 0 0 1

Thanks for the heads up! A little disappointing but better to find out before sending to CGC!

I'll check on the #18-#29. I have about 1000 mid to high grade silver age books I'm going to be putting up for sale this week. I haven't finished getting through all the "R"s yet. There are at least a few other Rawhide kid comics in 9.0+ but I'm not sure how early. I hope to be done organizing/grading/scanning by Wednesday or so.