• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much OA do you have?

51 posts in this topic

Just wondering as I've seen some people post piece after piece and have even seen a stack of portfolios (notsonice) . So roughly how many pieces of OA do you have?

I have 4 pieces of OA (not including con sketches and the Sonic stuff I have)

22 pages.

I try to buy a page per month, but have gotten carried away and bought on average 2 pages per month for the last 10 months or so. Hardly bought any comics at all the last year as well...stupid art addiction :makepoint:

I have about 40 pages. Out of that, I want to trim out 8 pages. I now have complete focuss and only buy what I plan to keep long term. NO IMPULSE BUYS!!!

I only have 7 pieces, since I started buying again about 10 months ago. I've been a lot more selective in what I've been buying this time around. I've only won 2 at auction. One was something that I've wanted for months the other was a piece I missed out on and then it was put up for auction. I'm staying away from panel pages this time around. Originally I had bought just about any pages if they featured any of a handful of characters I like. After having them I found I didn't really enjoy panel pages so it's mostly just splashes, and covers.

NO IMPULSE BUYS!!!

That's a hard lesson to learn. I've been guilty of it on more than on ... ooohhh, look at the shiny ...

For me, I go a long stretch without buying anything and then I get the urge to add something to my collection. Use to be I gave in to my temptations but not anymore. I only buy covers and splashes unless it is Batman the Animated sytle work, then I buy it if I like the page.

I have just over 100 pieces. Used to have quite a few more, but I decided for sanity's (and my wallet's) sake to be more focused in my collection and sold off a bunch. Now I have 62 Pat Olliffe pages and 27 are Culinary themed pages(with three which overlap). So 87 of 100ish are within my focus.

But still, the most addictive hobby I've had.

Happy Hunting,

Brian

I'm a noob and was wondering where you guys buy all this original artwork? I've found the largest amount on E-Bay but am a little leary about it. I'm going to be going to Chicago Comicon and was hoping there would be some there?

eBay, various dealers, private deals, comicartfans.com, directly from the artist ...