• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Nick Fury #6

18 posts in this topic

Good news! Thanks! I wasn't sure how to grade a high grade book with a tiny watermark on the back cover. Any other opinions? Or does 9.2 sound right to everyone?

Good news! Thanks! I wasn't sure how to grade a high grade book with a tiny watermark on the back cover. Any other opinions? Or does 9.2 sound right to everyone?

I wouldn't get too exited about a 9.2 . I got SLAMMED by a water mark ! ......................I'm just sayin ............ (shrug)(shrug)....................Bh

I wouldn't get too exited about a 9.2 . I got SLAMMED by a water mark ! ......................I'm just sayin ............ (shrug)(shrug)....................Bh

I hear that!!! WO water 9.0/9.2 with..... (shrug)

a (shrug) Doesn't help :P

This one is actually going up for sale and I have no idea what to call it :tonofbricks:

This one is actually going up for sale and I have no idea what to call it :tonofbricks:

Well , maybe this would help , seriously , ...CGC makes a much bigger deal of it and knocks it drastically . I would consider not slabbing it , if that was the thinking ?...................Bh

The book I posted in the other thread I was giving some thought to slabbing. This one I was actually planning to sell as-is. I just don't know what to call it or how to price it :sorry:

The book I posted in the other thread I was giving some thought to slabbing. This one I was actually planning to sell as-is. I just don't know what to call it or how to price it :sorry:

It's OK ! , ..quit crying about it . It's just that CGC slams water marks more than I think they should !.......Trust me , I'm still crying about a couple of mine ......................BH

Call it a nice looking book!

For some a low impact watermark is a killer, for me personally As nice as the rest of the book is That slight blemish is Nothing. I think Bhhooks has it right though CGC WILL KILL THE GRADE!!

List the book with the stain disclosed and see what happens!

Good Luck!!

It's OK ! , ..quit crying about it

No :sumo:

You're right about watermarks though. I still remember CGC really hammered a few books of mine for the same reason a few years ago!

I had a similar King-Size Hulk book with a stain (not water stain) about the same degree of severity. A book most forum members thought was a slam dunk 9.4 came back an 8.5. I would use that as a reference.