• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Newsprint Cover Comic

7 posts in this topic

I have begun to focus more and more on Promotional comics of late, but These types drive me nuts!!!! How do you grade them? No cover gloss due to the Newsprint paper cover. Paper quality thru-out is supple no tears or staining. 2 lines UFC I beleive are production related as I have seen it on other copies. Weird white line on LSFC not visible in hand.

Help me out please!

PGM Alaska Bush Pilot Promo from 1959.

scan0034-2.jpg

scan0033-1.jpg

Is that a crease on the BCLLC? If so - 8.5 seems about right. You might want to use a gum eraser along the spine front and back - it would probably grade higher.

Is the interior by the same artist who did the cover ?- I like the style.

Definetly an esoteric book :applause:

Is that a crease on the BCLLC? If so - 8.5 seems about right. You might want to use a gum eraser along the spine front and back - it would probably grade higher.

Is the interior by the same artist who did the cover ?- I like the style.

Definetly an esoteric book :applause:

It appears to be a light, multiple bend, I agree with the 8.5. :)

Yep, 8.5. Is the same criteria used to grade newsprint covers?

Thanks for everyones input thus far. Holding the book up at a angle, no bends are visible on the cover.

The question still is, what is the criteria for newsprint comics?

Looking at this in hand it does not look dirty it looks relativly the same quality throughout the book. Being Newsprint heck even some wood shavings are visible in the paper so we arent talking high quality production here.

What color was this comic when it was produced?? It is relativly uncommon, According to Heritage only 28 survived the flood out of 100 produced. So its not like there are a lot of examples to go by for comparison.

This is one i would be interested in submitting for Grading if I had more of a understanding of How CGC treats these Paper covers.

I have no idea on how they would grade these, but personally I'd just go by whether it lays flat, has tanning, has any bends or creases, and if it has any tears.

Based on this, you have a very nice copy.