• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller covers

31 posts in this topic

I'm a BIG Miller fan too Pimpy, but that What If 27 was always one of my least favorites because Phoenix's face looks way too masculine and the "scketchy" undefined look of the rest just didn't work for me. I liked the Rom covers though and redrew them way back when.

if you REALLY think about it, miller really couldn't draw females. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

Miller sucks. blush.gif

I'm a BIG Miller fan too Pimpy, but that What If 27 was always one of my least favorites because Phoenix's face looks way too masculine and the "scketchy" undefined look of the rest just didn't work for me. I liked the Rom covers though and redrew them way back when.

if you REALLY think about it, miller really couldn't draw females. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

TRUE... but WI27 was still a little bit worse than the rest 893whatthe.gif

What's the story on this one with the large Sue Storm and Thor (and the skinny Hulk). Did they crash a comics-con or something?

My favorite is the woman dressed up as the Silver Surfer.

There is a Halloween party going on in the story. The attendees aren't dressed up as super-heroes. I think the Halloween party scenes were just an excuse for the cover. Last issue of the title, so what the heck.

I suspect that they might have given this to Miller specifically so he could have fun with this cover. Miller had lived in Vermont and used to attend the Rutland (Tom Fagan) Halloween fandom parades and parties back when he was "just" a fan. You may remember DC and Marvel using these settings for some of their stories in the 1970's. Probably the most famous was Batman #237's "Night of the Reaper".

However, the scenes in Machine Man 19 were just at a plain old dull New York (?) party.

ECFANMAN