• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a rule of thumb concerning value for a CGC 9.4 vs. CGC 9.2?

51 posts in this topic

I asked this question in my Thread on the Motor City Sunday Show. I put all of my books in an Excell spreadsheet and use the OSPG has a value reference. This past weekend I got a Swamp Thing #1 CGC 9.2, and Conan #10 & #19 at CGC 9.4.

My question is, do I still use the OSPG value for the SW CGC 9.2? Does it get a premium of any sort? And how do I consider a CGC9.4? Is it 10% more than a 9.2? Again, I'm not going to sell them so it's not a huge issue. But I like to plug the data in and keep some semblance of track.

I know that when I was at the Show, Crazy Eddie explained to me that a CGC8.0 GS X-Men #1 was a great buy at $650 while the OSPG stated it was "worth" $442.00. Eddie had a rationale and I got to hear it. :whistle: Is it strictly based on the book or individual instances? (ie. what the market can bear?)

I asked this question in my Thread on the Motor City Sunday Show. I put all of my books in an Excell spreadsheet and use the OSPG has a value reference. This past weekend I got a Swamp Thing #1 CGC 9.2, and Conan #10 & #19 at CGC 9.4.

My question is, do I still use the OSPG value for the SW CGC 9.2? Does it get a premium of any sort? And how do I consider a CGC9.4? Is it 10% more than a 9.2? Again, I'm not going to sell them so it's not a huge issue. But I like to plug the data in and keep some semblance of track.

I know that when I was at the Show, Crazy Eddie explained to me that a CGC8.0 GS X-Men #1 was a great buy at $650 while the OSPG stated it was "worth" $442.00. Eddie had a rationale and I got to hear it. :whistle: Is it strictly based on the book or individual instances? (ie. what the market can bear?)

I know the book is a huge key, but if he really said 650 was a great buy then now I know why he's called Crazy Eddie. :tonofbricks:

Crazy Ed never talks with me at cons. :(

Maybe he has a little sense after all. lol

I hear he yaks to everyone but never me. (shrug)

I know the book is a huge key, but if he really said 650 was a great buy then now I know why he's called Crazy Eddie. :tonofbricks:

Well, it didn't convince me. lol I offered him $500 which was OSPG + slabbing.

Correct. The GPA avaerage for an 8.0 is $423.00.

You are lucky

But I'm not really stupid enough to look at his books closely.

Throw the price guide away when it comes to slabs and get a subscription to GPA.

I probably would if I owned or bought more slabs. Buying these 3 doubled my total and that took almost 4 years. If anyone wants to let me know what GPA states, I'd appreciate it but I understand if not as it is a subscription service. (Though I have no idea the cost.)

what does GPS stand for ??

where would one look to get a subscription ?

GPS=Global Positioning System :baiting:

GPA is a tool that gathers CGC sales data from a number of sources and then gives you the averages and breakdowns.

It is absolutely the must have if you buy slabs.

comics.gpanalysis.com

Maybe you intimidate him.

:eek:

I spent $70 at his booth at Mega-Con and wound up talking (rather listening) for half an hour.