• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

126 posts in this topic

Every movie critic i heard is giving it great reviews. Something about that it "left the audience yearning for more."

Already rumors floating around about filming another Indy flick where Shia LaBeouf takes the lead Indy role and Ford becomes more of a father figure of sorts. Similar to the Grail plot. :gossip:

Every movie critic i heard is giving it great reviews. Something about that it "left the audience yearning for more."

Already rumors floating around about filming another Indy flick where Shia LaBeouf takes the lead Indy role and Ford becomes more of a father figure of sorts. Similar to the Grail plot. :gossip:

Indiana LeBeouf?

doh!

Wife's talking about going to see it tonite.

Just got back from seeing it. I was not overly impressed.

Mildly entertaining.

Some scenes are way over the top.

It did not have the true "Indy" feel to it.

A friend of mine saw a preview and his comment was "Don't bother, it's lame".

I'll still go see it myself, as I loved the 1st and 3rd movies, but don't be looking for the quality of Raiders. :sorry:

A friend of mine saw a preview and his comment was "Don't bother, it's lame".

I'll still go see it myself, as I loved the 1st and 3rd movies, but don't be looking for the quality of Raiders. :sorry:

Second movie: Indian Jones and the Temple of Dumb.

I hated that one.

I couldnt stand the 3rd movie-The Last Crusade

Indiana Jones reminds me of Star Wars in that the 1st was best and the 3rd one was just okay. Years pass and out comes another one and everyone is going to see it because of the Nostalgia factor.

Its funny to read the rotten(tomatoes) reviews as the fanboys will say all sorts of nasty things to a reviewer who dares to say a bad word about thier idol Indy and how they have been waiting 19 years for this. :screwy:

I've heard mixed things. Positive reaction from critics, negative from fans. Reminds me of the days following the release of Phantom Menace. Like others, love Raiders and Crusade, hate Temple. Going tomorrow.

I did find this article published today interesting, regarding the crystal skulls themselves. Turns out their fakes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7414637.stm

Very sad to say that it was awful. Ford and Shia were good and the rest was very over the top. Didn't like the CGI, premise, ending and many other things. I am sure Lucas was the reason for them ruining Indy. I will also say that I honestly wouldn't mind if Shia continued the tradition. They obviously have to be willing to make a good movie though and not junk with the Indy name/bloodline. Just my 2 cents.

I've heard mixed things. Positive reaction from critics, negative from fans. Reminds me of the days following the release of Phantom Menace.

It is very very difficult, not to mention risky from a career perspective, to hammer a movie produced by this many industry heavyweights, and you could pretty well kiss your future goodbye.

So it's not surprising to see the reviewers gushing over the movie, while the actual movie-goers feel the opposite.

(SPOILERS CONTAINED)

7 out of 10 - and this is from a true Indy-fan.

Not Raiders, but still a pretty good popcorn flick. We're not talking about Academy awards here - just an Indiana Jones movie.

You can def see Lucas' fingerprints all over this one, his stupid McGuffin is the reason it took 19 years to make this movie - it is a very crappy premise for Indy.

HF and Speilberg finally caved in and let big-baby Lucas throw in his alien as this was probably their last opportunity to make an Indy. Gawd, what a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed-bag Lucas has become...

I haven't seen it just yet...

Even before all of the spoilers and reviews were out there, I was afraid that this one might Jump-the-Shark! I was fearful of the whole Atomic Age/ Sci-Fi feel of things, even from the 1st trailer... :eek:. Certainly not that those are bad themes, but it didn't quite feel like Indiana Jones-type archeology to me.

One review that I read today called him "Indiana Groans"?! lol:mad:

... granted, I'll still see it and enjoy it, I'm sure. :wishluck: It's films like this that beg for more butter :popcorn: ~ YUM!