• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

126 posts in this topic

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise"

You know, I failed to see the obvious irony in that quote until you pointed it out-Thanks! Maybe they were able to hit it because the transport was about the side of a barn.

I think if you got a hardcore SW fanboy on here who was an expert on all the novels and other related material....they would say something like "the minds of the weak were clouded by the presence of a person strong in the force". The "they make their own luck" kind of thing.

I read some of these posts earlier then me and my girl went to see it tonight. We thought it was pretty cool! Sure there was some over the top (tarzan) scenes but I thought the motorcycle chase was entertaining enough and there were some laughs. It was great to see Karan Allen again too! There was a bit of a let down at the end and reminded me of the "Dark Crystal" Henson movie a bit.

Overall not a dissapointent, I enjoyrd it.

I have been reading that a lot lately (shrug) Having a negative and positive in the same sentence sounds iffy.

And I really thought the bad parts were good too! :insane:

I read some of these posts earlier then me and my girl went to see it tonight. We thought it was pretty cool! Sure there was some over the top (tarzan) scenes but I thought the motorcycle chase was entertaining enough and there were some laughs. It was great to see Karan Allen again too! There was a bit of a let down at the end and reminded me of the "Dark Crystal" Henson movie a bit.

Wife and I got a babysitter tonight to go see it. Some far fetched scenes for sure, especially the 3 waterfalls. But still a fun, entertaining movie. Better than seeing another Will Ferrill movie!

tedious to watch. formulaic. the skull looked like a toy. Karen Allen isn't half the actress she used to be. Uninspired villians left me feeling like Lucas & speilberg are just going through the motions. Lucas has lost it! Overall a D+ - still smokes temple of doom which is completely unwatchable but fails miserably to recapture the magic of raiders of the lost ark!

I liked TEMPLE OF DOOM, too. I saw it opening day in '84 at the old Boyd theater in Philly. 70mm, 6 track stereo. It blew the entire audience(including me) away. I still enjoy watching it. I actually prefer it in some ways to LAST CRUSADE. LC had great characterizations, but I didn't think that the action sequences were as intense as those in the other two films. TOD's last 45 minutes are some of the best action setpieces ever filmed.

I was going to see this movie tonight with the wife, but bailed

because of the negative reviews.

We went to see Iron Man instead (my second time)

and she enjoyed it...

To me if the reviews flip flop like on this one I usually tend to

carry negative baggage into the film and enjoy it less.

I'll wait until video on this one.

:P

I was going to see this movie tonight with the wife, but bailed

because of the negative reviews.

We went to see Iron Man instead (my second time)

and she enjoyed it...

To me if the reviews flip flop like on this one I usually tend to

carry negative baggage into the film and enjoy it less.

I'll wait until video on this one.

:P

wise decision

The opening sequence to Indiana Jones 4 was pure Lucas with the many odes to his earlier film American Graffiti. It should have been cut from the movie, as it is way too weak compared to the 1st 10 minutes of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Save your $$ as Iron Man was a much better choice for a summer big budget movie. All you need to know is several Indiana Jones 4 plot elements borrowed from Star Wars episodes 4 to 6. To paraphrase Darth Vader:

"Yes, Shia, I AM your father!"

I saw the movie tonight with my wife and we both enjoyed it. I would rate it as a solid B. Iron Man was better. I think what people are forget all these Indiana movie are geared for kids/ teens and young adults. So of course when you were younger you thought the movies were better when you saw them and for many they are still view through rose colored glasses. And yes I'm a Indy fan.

Just got back from seeing it and without giving out any spoliers, all I can say is "predictable and boring". To think it took 19 years to put together another Indy film and this is all Spielberg could come up with???? Iron Man, although a totally different type of film, was WAAAAAAAAAAY better than Crystal Skull. As the film ended, I was wondering if I had just seen T"he Mummy Returns" meets "X-Files"....much less the newest and most over-hyped film of the year. I will NOT be looking forward to seeing this again anytime soon. I would have rather seen "Sex and The City with my wife(and I REALLY disliked that show,,, :sick:)

Seems obvious to me that Lucas wrote the prelim -script to Indiana Jones 4 18 years ago with all that he borrowed from American Graffiti, Star Wars family/ancestor ending from episode 6, Star Wars Episode 5 father/son revelation. Speilberg still has an excellent eye for big concept jungle cinematography and special fx. :D

Even before all of the spoilers and reviews were out there, I was afraid that this one might Jump-the-Shark! I was fearful of the whole Atomic Age/ Sci-Fi feel of things, even from the 1st trailer... :eek:. Certainly not that those are bad themes, but it didn't quite feel like Indiana Jones-type archeology to me.

... granted, I'll still see it and enjoy it, I'm sure. :wishluck: It's films like this that beg for more butter :popcorn: ~ YUM!

Ok, my lady and I saw it yesterday and did enjoy it. A few groaners here and there (ie: Tarzan?), but overall liked the other tie-ins (ie: The Ark appearance and Poncho Villa reference). I felt that the beginning and the jungle chases were the highlight scenes. :cool:

I was pleased w/ the old-shcool feel of Indy bopping around in the graveyard and initially during the final scenes. That ending was a bit :screwy:, but I did like the 1 of 13, Hedges-skull references. In fact, I recommend the Discovery Channel special on the Hedges-skull ~ excellent!

Well, this one wasn't as good as say, Raiders, or Crusade, but was still a fun popcorn-film overall (thumbs u ... which is exactly what we were "Jonesin' " for! lolmeh

... just my 2c .

* We caught a 4pm showing, but were still charged the Regular $8.50 Non-matinee/ per ticket price? :censored:

Saw it yesterday with my 10 years-old daughter and 7 years-old son...and they loooved it !

As for me, I had a good time and felt it was a good popcorn movie, nothing outstanding but nothing shamefull (unlike the last Spider-Man where I made superhuman efforts to stay in the theatre lol )