• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

126 posts in this topic

Couldn't agree more with JC. I can't believe how SILLY the movie was.

Over at IMDB they coined "nuke the fridge" as the new version of "jump the shark" and i've started seeing the phrase all over the net.

http://nukingthefridge.com/

Man! Talk about Camp!

Heck they might as well had him in cartoon form tap dancing on the mushroom cloud

for pete sake...

I don't even know if I'm going to rent this on video.

doh!doh!doh!doh!

Just saw it. What a steaming POS. I just kept checking my watch waiting for this stinker to end. I didn't mind the acting or the sci-fi elements so much, but the story was horriblly lame and thoroughly un-original. Almost all the scenes I felt I had seen before in the previous Indy movies. The level of disbelief one is required to suspend is just over the top. Apparently one can fire thousands of bullets and never hit anything - is this Indy 4 or The A-Team movie? The characters leap into harm's way like not even an insane person would do. Lucas lost the plot long ago and his influence clearly ruined this film. Phoning it in is right. :mad:

Raiders: A+

Temple of Doom: B

Last Crusade: B-

Crystal Skull: D

I just saw it today May 30.

Thunbs down 2 stars at most...What I took out of this movie is that a producer and Director[Lucas and Speilburg] can be so powerful in Hollywood circles that no movie reviewer dare give an honest opinion of the Dud this movie was without having there reputations harmed in the long run.

i wasn't going to even bother bumping this back to the front page after seeing this today; what a disappointment. the movie was thrill-less. everybody involved phoned it in. i nearly went to iron man for the second time, i wish i had.

It's definitely a dog but it's audience appeal is much wider since moms and dads who grew up on the earlier movies will drag their families to it.

Ironman is a better movie but of a narrower appeal to those that buy the tix

Thunbs down 2 stars at most...What I took out of this movie is that a producer and Director[Lucas and Speilburg] can be so powerful in Hollywood circles that no movie reviewer dare give an honest opinion of the Dud this movie was without having there reputations harmed in the long run.

That is a well-known, and widely reported, fact, but it's not their reputations, it's their access that's at stake.

A reviewer who gives Indy 4 an honest review is risking never being invited to a premiere again, not to mention guaranteeing zero interviews with the participants in the future, or anyone their publicists or agencies represent either. That essentially means that anyone who slams Indy 4 hard is going to be out of a job, as entertainment writers need access.

And this is a documented FACT, not a conspiracy theory, and is done in the name of "protecting their clients", but in reality is just blackmail. So it's puff piece after puff piece, always edited by the star's publicist.

The only way you can ever write a real commentary on Hollywood, the movies and its stars is AFTER you've left and no longer need them. That's why so many tell-all books hit after these writers have retired or left the biz - while you're involved, one wrong word can get you booted.

Reading this makes me want to go see it less and less.

I hate "Hollywoodish" movies, and from what I am reading in this thread this movie is simply cashing in on it's former glory and bringing nothing to the table.

Artboy99

I went to see this last night. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan, and loved all three movies for a various reasons. Needless to say, I was really excited about seeing this movie.

I cannot begin to express the absolute disappointment I felt during and after watching this bastardization of one of the best movie trilogies in cinematic history. Acting was luke warm at best, plot line was generally substandard, and the action scenes were hardly believable in many cases. The ants reminded me of a scene from The Mummy (yes, The Mummy), and I was just waiting for Mutt to either pull out his webslingers OR his George of the Jungle outfit during the monkey scene. And of all the various areas of mythology for Indy to explore... they had to go the outer space rout. Frickin' Lucas. :makepoint:

And Joe, I immediately thought of the awful/awkward acting scene in SW II where Anakin and Padme go back and forth over who loves who most. Except here, it was about two hours long.

Star Wars is to Phantom Menace, as Raiders is to Indy 4.

Yeah, I'm sure given some time, maaaaybe I'll be a little more forgiving, but right now the disappointment over the wait is still a little too close. But for now, I'm not aiming to watch this again unless I'm drunk and am lampooning it a la Mystery Science Theater 3000.

One of the traits of a good movie is if you think of it fondly well after seeing it. It sticks with you awhile.

Indy 4 hasn't grown on me, it's just bummed me out to see the wasted potential. I must be doing something wrong because I could write a more coherent screenplay than this jumbled mess.

Well, saw it over the vacation in Hilton Head....it was raining out and I could not talk my father in law into Narnia 2 or Iron Man. So, Indy 4 flat out sucked the fat root....horrible, just plain horrible.

I just saw it...it's not Raiders but it's not bad. Nice to see Indy again on the big screen. The Tarzan routine though tested my patience...

I wouldn't lay the blame all on Lucas though. Spielberg has lost some of his magic over the years in my opinion. His movies used to have sense of fun or awe attached to them...now he's just a competent director. That sense of fun has been lost along the way...

Jim

It's on TV, I am watching it now and it entertains. Is it Raiders? No. But it is still better than most other movies out there within the genre.

I will take Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in any incarnation they want to give us.

Why bump a six year old thread? Because there was nothing else more recent on it.

(and we don't have a comic and sci-fi movie sub-forum)

((which we need))

It's on TV, I am watching it now and it entertains. Is it Raiders? No. But it is still better than most other movies out there within the genre.

I will take Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in any incarnation they want to give us.

Why bump a six year old thread? Because there was nothing else more recent on it.

((which we need))

BULLY! HIPPO!!!

:ohnoez:

-slym

((which we need))

BULLY! HIPPO!!!

:ohnoez:

-slym

Please state the exact form of bullying taking place.