• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Rangers Comics #12

8 posts in this topic

Question about this one. The spine corner chips on this very pretty book make this a tough one for me to grade. Are you guys thinking that both of the missing bits are bindery chips, with little or no effect on grade...and if so, how do you make that call? Love to know a bit more here.

(Gorgeous book BTW!)

I think both spine chips (and maybe even the back cover tear) are likely to be production defects. I mostly make that call based on location and type of damage. What are the odds that a chip occured in that area that was not production related? It's just a weird place for damage to occur due to normal wear and tear. (shrug)

Question about this one. The spine corner chips on this very pretty book make this a tough one for me to grade. Are you guys thinking that both of the missing bits are bindery chips, with little or no effect on grade...and if so, how do you make that call? Love to know a bit more here.

(Gorgeous book BTW!)

I believe the chip on the bottom is a bindery issue. The rest is wear and tear.

PS: For those who would like to know, this is the Rockford copy. :acclaim: My first one from this ped.