• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.9 and 10.0's What happened?

13 posts in this topic

My 10.0's are now 9.8's. What is up with that? Grading is grading in regards to overstreet etc and the development of standards in our industry. What happened?. Anybody on the forum get a 9.9 or 10.0 in the last 5 months. Love to see a picture of it. Plus any discussion on this topic if you so desire. 893frustrated.gif Thanks.

My 10.0's are now 9.8's. What is up with that? Grading is grading in regards to overstreet etc and the development of standards in our industry. What happened?. Anybody on the forum get a 9.9 or 10.0 in the last 5 months. Love to see a picture of it. Plus any discussion on this topic if you so desire. Thanks.

You can find plenty of 9.9 or 10.0 CGC graded books on eBay. Anything with the new label is within your 5 month time frame. Just by looking at the census, there have been

2 copies of Born 1 in a 9.9

1 copy of Born 2 in a 10.0

1 copy of USM 45 in a 9.9

5 copies of Ultimate X-Men 36 in a 9.9

All these books came 5 months ago or less. There are still plenty more around.

I don't understand what you're saying.

Did you resubmit 9.9's and 10.0's, and they came back 9.8?

I think he's saying that he's been sending in raw 10.0s & receiving 9.8 grades. How anyone can identify a raw 10.0 is beyond me..........

confused-smiley-013.gif

I can't even identify 9.8's. The differences towards the top are so small, I dare not grade anything higher than a 9.2 on the stuff I sell.

Btw...my 100th post!! acclaim.gif

I can't even identify 9.8's. The differences towards the top are so small...

Exactly. The only difference towards the top end is the arse rape price you have to pay for the label. foreheadslap.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I think he's saying that he's been sending in raw 10.0s & receiving 9.8 grades. How anyone can identify a raw 10.0 is beyond me.......... confused-smiley-013.gif

Diplomacy: the art of telling the other party to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip.

BOC, you couldn't have put that more gently..!