• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are we really that bad?

316 posts in this topic

Is there as much propaganda on these boards as there is on the CGC boards? I've always felt strange when I viewed their forums, it seemed to be one big commercial for having your books graded and I was never sure who was a company boy and who wasn't. Plus there seemed to be some real nasty trolling going on over there.

I read this on another comics board and thought are we really that bad? I mean the site is hosted by CGC and their main objective is to sell their service, but I don't see it as one big commercial. Furthermore, I think a lot of the trolling members are no longer here. I know we kid each other and give one another a good ribbing from time to time, but I haven't seen anything that I would call down right malicious. So, I pose the question, "Are we really that bad?"

Maybe it's time for a little introspection? hm

Is there as much propaganda on these boards as there is on the CGC boards? I've always felt strange when I viewed their forums, it seemed to be one big commercial for having your books graded and I was never sure who was a company boy and who wasn't. Plus there seemed to be some real nasty trolling going on over there.

I read this on another comics board and thought are we really that bad? I mean the site is hosted by CGC and their main objective is to sell their service, but I don't see it as one big commercial. Furthermore, I think a lot of the trolling members are no longer here. I know we kid each other and give one another a good ribbing from time to time, but I haven't seen anything that I would call down right malicious. So, I pose the question, "Are we really that bad?"

1592292-Troll.gif

Plenty of agendas on this board...but I don't see a CGC push.

At first there were many naysayers and doomsayers coming to the boards to push that agenda such that there were those who felt the need to defend the slabbing process.

To me most collectors have decided where they fall in the slabbing debate.

If someone sees a CGC push at this point it probably is due to the color of their own glasses.

I get sick of high grade slab posts......only because I'm jealous that I don't own them myself. :o

1592292-Troll.gif

Don't be so hard on yourself, Rick. I never thought you were a troll. You do pick on MrBedrock from time to time though.

btw, where did you find that little nugget at?

I've always found the hosts let us say pretty much anything we want positive or negative about CGC. I definitely do NOT see any kind of hidden agenda promoting professional grading or otherwise by the company or by the people taking part.

It's a place where we can come together and learn about the hobby.

As far as trolling, seems to me that's an old problem the mods took care of. Took a few years...but it's taken care of. Now, all they gotta' do is stay on top of it...which is a lot easier than cleaning it up.

I remember there was some pretty nasty stuff going on a few years back, but you could never say it was boring.

You do pick on MrBedrock from time to time though.

Really? I never noticed. hm

Must have been too busy toeing the company line.

You mean w/ all the time you spend here , your also on other comic boards ?... :o:o

BTW , While the Clampits are over , see if you could borrow a pair of Ellie-May's short shorts . Then you could be matching twins w/ you know who at the forum dinner ...

PS: , ....Don't forget your parka though !...... :whistle:.........BH

You do pick on MrBedrock from time to time though.

Really? I never noticed. hm

Must have been too busy toeing the company line.

Maybe I have him confused with Billy Parker. (shrug)

It ain't hard to confuse those two trolls!

You are the company line :hail:

:gossip: I'm not sure that is a compliment in the context of this thread.

But I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em.

You mean w/ all the time you spend here , your also on other comic boards ?... :o:o

BTW , While the Clampits are over , see if you could borrow a pair of Ellie-May's short shorts . Then you could be matching twins w/ you know who at the forum dinner ...

Are we still on for that tanning bed appointment and bikini wax the next time I get down your way, Brian?

I have to say that the tone of the board is now a lot closer to the Company line than it ever was. A lot of those folk with 'issues'...whether it be with the principle or processes involved in slabbing books...have either had their membership coincidentally 'revoked', or have fallen silent.

The furious debate that was common three/four years ago is now uncommon...rare even...and I'm of a mind that this is not a good thing. Not for the hobby and certainly not for the consumer.

CGC do not interfere and overtly push any agenda, and that's to be applauded, but indirectly, I do suspect that the Mods approach to certain issues and individuals gets them to where they want to be anyway.

Expect to see me on the Strike section on Tuesday morning... :insane:

Are we still on for that tanning bed appointment and bikini wax the next time I get down your way, Brian?

Better watch out . Your giving your buddy Roy some tasty ammunition there . I can hear him chomp-in' at the bit already !........................................BH :whistle:

I have to say that the tone of the board is now a lot closer to the Company line than it ever was. A lot of those folk with 'issues'...whether it be with the principle or processes involved in slabbing books...have either had their membership coincidentally 'revoked', or have fallen silent.

The furious debate that was common three/four years ago is now uncommon...rare even...and I'm of a mind that this is not a good thing. Not for the hobby and certainly not for the consumer.

CGC do not interfere and overtly push any agenda, and that's to be applauded, but indirectly, I do suspect that the Mods approach to certain issues and individuals gets them to where they want to be anyway.

Expect to see me on the Strike section on Tuesday morning... :insane:

Get over it, wanker :baiting: