• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegas report Day 1...yawn

45 posts in this topic

Woohoo! Luckily I didn't go tongue.gif

Yep, me too. I was all ready to go and then decided not to go at the last minute smile.gif They were advertising it a fair amount out here in the L.A. area - I heard it on the radio a couple of times. Hopefully, it was well attended enough that they'll repeat it again next year - maybe with more and better dealers.

well its a tough sell to dealers. Booth prices were insane (comparable to San Diego) for a first time show. I didnt see many East Coast dealers willing to pay those booth fees and the shipping cost or crazy long drive to risk it on a unproven show. Now year 2 will be tougher to sell with atendance as poor as it was. To top it off the people who did show up did not have money. Promoters need to take a long hard look at both their advertising and the booth prices. Hopefully the few attendees and dealers will be willing to give it another go. Not sure why the West Coast collectors didnt make the trek there since you have nothing substantial that I'm aware of till the next Wonder Con The fires may have had something to do with it but even if you add 50% attendance it would have been much better