• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegas report Day 1...yawn

45 posts in this topic

Well, I got back about an hour ago and all I can say is I'm disappointed.

This is not a Comic Con. It is a Crapolla Con with a few (and I do mean few) comic tables.

Sorry if I come off a tad annoyed, but I didn't pay $20 to ogle a bunch of sweeties trying to get you to buy their independently produced...whatever. I live here, baby; I can ogle the chicks anytime! wink.gif

And not 1, but 2 vendors pushing massage-oriented devices. In a comic con? And memorbilia not related to the theme of comics...at all? Glow sticks, sports figurines...where were the pogs & beanie babies???????

Out of a handful of comic dealers (1 handful, not 2), the notables were Harley Yee, Bill Hughes & Metropolis. None had the cgc inventory that you would expect...at a CGC sponsored event! Took me a grand total of 2 hours to walk thru TWICE- first time for CGCs, second time for raw books.

Will be going back tomorrow ("Rick, you [!@#%^&^] hypocrite") to bring subs in. Didn't want to drag them in on day 1. Met Paul Litch for the 1st time. Very laid back, relaxed individual. Professional & courteous. Helped me out with my admission tomorrow. All day Saturday I will be "Steve Borock." Yes my friends, dreams really do come true!

Talked with forum members Tom G & ComicDave. Who else is supposed to be here? Old Guy (Brian)?

Anyone with specific questions or requests, I'll be checking back before bedtime & tomorrow before I go.

Sorry my post didn't start more upbeat, but I gotta calls em as I see em. I definitely am glad CGC happened to comics, but you guys really need a better show for next year. Just my 3c (inflation).

Rick

Will this cheer you up...sucka?

297599-JLA110.JPG

Thanx for thinking of me, FOOLIO! You're the coolest of the cool!

As luck would have it, Hughes has the same book CGC 9.4 for only $225.

But, uh, the top of the spine is separating; didn't bother to tell him...he might mark the price up for it (rare). Should I tell him you're interested? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

Will this cheer you up...sucka?

297599-JLA110.JPG

Thanx for thinking of me, FOOLIO! You're the coolest of the cool!

As luck would have it, Hughes has the same book CGC 9.4 for only $225.

But, uh, the top of the spine is separating; didn't bother to tell him...he might mark the price up for it (rare). Should I tell him you're interested? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

Nah...I'm patient. Plus, I can grade my "better" copy! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif