• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics #101 (most of it)

7 posts in this topic

Ok, so obviously coverless. I know that automatically puts it at 0.5 Poor. However, not all coverless comics are equal as far as condition, so I'm wondering....is there some scale (based on % of GD) to be used? I guess since it's a "0.5" I am wondering what percent of guide it might go for so that I can use that as it's default grade. Maybe GD with a fractional coefficient? 1/3GD or 1/4GD :grin: ...what do people think?

Major problem is the chunk missing from the first page.

MoreFun101.jpg

MoreFun101BC-1.jpg

The page quality looks good, but as a practical matter with that chunk missing from the first page, I don't see how it would price at even 1/4 of the GD price. Not enough of a key book, imo. I've always thought that book would be a bigger deal if Superboy were actually on the cover.

The piece missing makes it a reader coverless, rather than an opportunity for marrying a cover to it down the road.

I'd say 10-15 of good would be about right....but with GA I've seen the % vary dramatically. Depends on the $$$ of a Good. If it's a $100 book in good, $10-$20 seems about right. If it's a $20 book in good, you might get a slightly higher percentage.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the comments all. I've got a dozen or so early DCs, and a couple Timelys, etc. but never really knew what to do with them. Has there ever been a coverless/cover only thread? I know there are those who are against marrying books, but if it's all the same I'd like to have some semblance of a complete book.

Thanks again for the opinions. All part of my learning process. (thumbs u