• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets Give Chuck a break?? Yes No

73 posts in this topic

Good ol' Howard Rogofsky, for one. Take a look at the ads in 60s Marvels and you will see some dealers selling mail order way back when lil Chuck was suckling at momma Rozanski's teat. And, there were also specific stores that sold GA books as far back as the Beginnings of the Silver Age.

Im glad you sked this question, assuming it was definite interest on your part.

Shows a crack in the Chuck-induced BS you seemed to have been weaned on earlier. Thats the problem with Chuck: he says these things and many people believe it not imagining how any sane person could make these absurd claims w/o them being true!!!

In my experience, small-brained people tend to resort to violence in rather short order after the smallest amount of agitation.

I tend to disagree. Now shut up or I'll buy a plane ticket and fly to you just to whup you're scranwey 'hind!

In my experience, small-brained people tend to resort to violence in rather short order after the smallest amount of agitation.

I tend to disagree. Now shut up or I'll buy a plane ticket and fly to you just to whup you're scranwey 'hind!

TROLL?

TROLL?

Well D'uh! foreheadslap.gif

I bought books from Richard Alf no later than 1975. There were several comic conventions in the early and mid-1960s, and there were back issue ads in Marvels from the mid-Sixties (at least) on. To say that Chuck invented the back issue market is akin to saying that Lee Iacocca invented the car market. mad.gif

Your forum record needs to be looked at.

Forum record search?? tongue.gif

I was very specific about why I complained about your post. Boy, a guy goes to church and watches the Dolphins get their butt kicked, and 31 posts go right by.

Did any one go to the store and see the X-box magazine cover? hi.gif

Well then who started the back issue market in the country.?

This is the same person we debated about this same [!@#%^&^] about Chuck over at newsarama.He was outed as a Mile High Employee or a relative of Chuck's so that is why he is doing this.

And besides starting the Back Issue market,Chuck also taught Jack Kirby how to draw,gave Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster the idea for Superman,Told Stan Lee to create The F.F. and single handedly saved the entire comic industry about 10 times over the last 20 years,and he charges these high prices becuase he is the only dealer in the country that has back issues. 893frustrated.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Well then who started the back issue market in the country.?

This is the same person we debated about this same [!@#%^&^] about Chuck over at newsarama.He was outed as a Mile High Employee or a relative of Chuck's so that is why he is doing this.

And besides starting the Back Issue market,Chuck also taught Jack Kirby how to draw,gave Jerry Siegle and Joe Shuster the idea for Superman,Told Stan Lee to create The F.F. and single handedly saved the entire comic industry about 10 times over the last 20 years,and he carges these high prices becuase he is the only dealer in the country that has back issues. 893frustrated.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Honestly, I don't really care who started the back issue market in the country. The development of the back issue market was INEVITABLE. If one person didn't "start" it, then another person would have. It's like "inventing" a pair of shorts. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when it's hot, you don't need so many clothes. It just leaves a sour taste in people's mouths when an individual says that they "started" the back issue market, and therefore, they saved the comic book industry.

Chuck started the back issue market in this country. Lets give him some credit. Thank you very much.

No - COLLECTORS started the back issue market in this country! COLLECTORS. Without people buying back issues there would BE no market! 893frustrated.gifmad.gif893frustrated.gif

smily961.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif