• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to tell what is next

11 posts in this topic

Oye vey. Remember when comics had letters pages that gave you clues as to where a story would be continued, what book you should be looking for next, what upcoming story lines you might want to look out for pertaining to the book you are reading and so on? Why oh why don't they do that now?

I'm talking about Green Lantern. The one book I have caught up on and am actually trying to stay current with. But...how on God's green earth can I find out what is coming out next? I don't have an LCS to stay current so that is out. I had thought about subscribing to GL and GLC, but then I'm still going to miss the various one shots and mini-series that are coming out.

How do you guys do it? Give an old timer some tips? :blush:

-B

I frequent the LCS on new comic day. IF you really wanted to know whats coming out, check DC's site, and watch the Comics Shipping This Week, and Comics Shipping Next Week threads here in the MA forum. Get a subscription, and if you really need a one shot , I am sure you could ask someone to pick you up an extra copy and ship it to you. Which the shipping would probably be cheaper then gas anyways.

Pat-

Thanks Pat...for some reason, I didn't even think about DC's website... sometimes I'm just too old school I guess.

Man it used to be easier with the LCS and the internal help back in the day...

-B

How do you guys do it? Give an old timer some tips? :blush:

The publisher's websites are great, but you'd have to visit 'em all to get a full picture of what's out on any give Wednesday.

I recently stumbled on this site: www.comixology.com --- you can view upcoming releases from most every publisher, with cover pics and brief synopses for most issues. You can also keep a "pull list" to help you keep track of books you plan to buy in the future. Definitely worth checking out, IMHO (thumbs u

Most issues have a section in the back specifying what to read next. Many major storylines have checklists at the counter of the LCS or in the book itself.

In terms of new books, it's best to do the week-to-week check. For older books, us board members can't help fill that in.

Anything you want to know about specifically?

The Original Pat

Most issues have a section in the back specifying what to read next. Many major storylines have checklists at the counter of the LCS or in the book itself.

In terms of new books, it's best to do the week-to-week check. For older books, us board members can't help fill that in.

The Original Pat

Does this make me Pat lite ? Pat zero ? New Pat ? (shrug)

@silverage12c - Hey, that site looks promising, thanks!

@followtheleader - Nothing specific, I was just more or less lamenting the absence of a letters page in the GL books :( Currently I'm still catching up with the Kyle Rainer issues, and it seems easier to tune in to what is going on, coming up, etc, from those books than from the two new GL series.

Actually, if I had a :censored: LCS I wouldn't have any problems!! Well, other than even less money than I have now, heh.

-B

The Original Pat

Does this make me Pat lite ? Pat zero ? New Pat ? (shrug)

Pat Squared?

Pat "The Boy Wonder"?

Pat Splat (sorry, my favorite Garbage Pail Kid)

O.P.