• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

** List! ( Post Scans ) TOP 10 + SA MARVEL Covers

46 posts in this topic

List your top 10 or so fav. SA Marvel covers . Hopefully w/ scans !

I'll start ................ ( I'll get scans up later ! ) :grin::grin: ........................BH

#1 - N. Fury #4

#2 - S. Tales #167

#3 - N. Fury #1

#4 - ASM #50

#5 - ASM #39

#6 - CAP #111

#7 - CAP #113

#8 - TOS - #96

#9 - TOS #82

#10 - JIM - #125

#11 - AVG's - #16

#12 - FF - #16

#13 - #15 S. Tales #'s 153 , 161 & 163

A few years ago, we posted our favorite SA covers from all publishers. These were mine at the time, although I'd probably drop one or two of the Marvels, adding a couple of DCs:

SilverAgefaves2.jpg

For some reason, I can find plenty of outstanding gold and bronze covers for dc, but the middle part of the silver age (outside of possibly the war genre) leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Here's some candidates for dc, courtesy of mike's amazing dc (the horror covers are pushing silver, but I consider 12c to still be part of that period).

9tisrc.jpg

p.s. I knew it said marvel on the thread title, but wanted to give some DC input also (as marvel just dominated in silver age covers IMO).

All Marvel. No DC. What kinda is this ?

I could do a 50%-50% Ill throw some stuff up tonight.

Hey , Do whatever you'd like . It's not like this is a graded class assignment !

..I was going to do DC next , but I suppose we could do it here as well ?...............................BH

BTW , ....just got back from coaching t-ball . Will have my scans up in a bit .......................

All Marvel. No DC. What kinda is this ?

I could do a 50%-50% Ill throw some stuff up tonight.

Hey , Do whatever you'd like . It's not like this is a graded class assignment !

..I was going to do DC next , but I suppose we could do it here as well ?...............................BH

BTW , ....just got back from coaching t-ball . Will have my scans up in a bit .......................

Tee Ball (thumbs u

I hope my kids play baseball when I have kids that is...

"dear Jesus, please dont let my unborn son like football or soccer.."

Well , I'll post some scans maybe that haven't been put up yet . Fortunately you guy's have done the ASM's that I would have done !

Ironically , I think all but maybe two are Steranko !............................BH

02-03-2008115812AM-1.jpg05-28-2008044657PM.jpg05-28-2008044811PM.jpg05-12-2008031520PM-1.jpg05-28-2008045657PM.jpg05-28-2008045146PM.jpg05-28-2008044855PM.jpg05-28-2008045254PM.jpg05-28-2008045340PM.jpg05-28-2008045759PM.jpg05-28-2008050205PM.jpg05-28-2008050523PM.jpg

For some reason, I can find plenty of outstanding gold and bronze covers for dc, but the middle part of the silver age (outside of possibly the war genre) leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Here's some candidates for dc, courtesy of mike's amazing dc (the horror covers are pushing silver, but I consider 12c to still be part of that period).

9tisrc.jpg

p.s. I knew it said marvel on the thread title, but wanted to give some DC input also (as marvel just dominated in silver age covers IMO).

Cool !! ..That Det. is my fav. , as many Det's. from around 360 - 395 are !.......................BH

Hand's Down JIM #89 up.gifup.gif

I think that might be the one that I just bought from FT's auction ? (JIM #89 )..........I can't keep up w/ all my late night purchaces .... :insane::insane:.......................BH

I think that might be the one that I just bought from FT's auction ? (JIM #89 )..........I can't keep up w/ all my late night purchaces .... :insane::insane:.......................BH

Yours was a #96.

doh!

Yours was a #96.

doh!

Yeah , I just saw that . Guess I gotta go after an #89 now !.

Thanks for keeping up w/ my inventory/purchaces Roy ....... :P:P........................BH