• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanna see what a Comic Convention in Austria looks like?

37 posts in this topic

Great pics.

And, nice catch catch Silver. I think I've seen that Action reprinted as Superman in Spanish...but not 100% sure. I think there are a lot of Euro specific reprints, like the Superman / Batman instead of World's Finest.

yep, your are right. these are all german reprints.

No one dressed up as Emperor Franz Joseph?

haha, no i have to disappoint you. no franz josefs at the con. overall not much dressed peoeple btw. only at the december con when the star wars fans are meeting there. you really can't compare this con to US cons. the whole thing lasts 6 hours, after 3 hours the big rush is over. many sellers start packing there stuff after 5 hours.

NO PEOPLE DRESS UP AS CROCIDILE DUNDEE? lol

this would make sense if you mean AUSTRALIA but we are talking about AUSTRIA in EUROPE. :gossip:

No one dressed up as Emperor Franz Joseph?

How about CC :cloud9: ??

Great pics.

And, nice catch catch Silver. I think I've seen that Action reprinted as Superman in Spanish...but not 100% sure. I think there are a lot of Euro specific reprints, like the Superman / Batman instead of World's Finest.

yep, your are right. these are all german reprints.

I know Action 285 when I see it! lol

act285.jpg

OK. So who is the guy with all the original art!!!

Looks like a great con!

S

That's what I was thinking ! - I like the DC Comics Presents cover and the ASM 151 page !

I think people would be surprised at the amount of US comics OA currently residing in Europe. I know I was...

Jim

Why don't any of those dealers selling SA/BA comics ever go to any of the shows in Southern Germany (Ulm, Stuttgart, Munich, etc)? :frustrated:

Jim

you know, there are maybe 3 or 4 sellers (including me) wo sell US comics at the vienna convention. and these are all private sellers, so it's a problem with the distance, the time you need to travel there und the costs. germany may have a little bigger market for US comics, but i think you couldn't make much profit with such a trip.

Why don't any of those dealers selling SA/BA comics ever go to any of the shows in Southern Germany (Ulm, Stuttgart, Munich, etc)? :frustrated:

Jim

you know, there are maybe 3 or 4 sellers (including me) wo sell US comics at the vienna convention. and these are all private sellers, so it's a problem with the distance, the time you need to travel there und the costs. germany may have a little bigger market for US comics, but i think you couldn't make much profit with such a trip.

You're probably right. Though I made good money at all the shows I set up at, the only one where I made a significant amount was Mannheim. Stuttgart wasn't bad either but not enough to justify the trip for you I suspect.

I considered making the trek and setting up at the Wein show but never could make the time...

Jim

Great pictures...thanks for sharing! :applause:

Some of those German reprints bring back fond memories of trips to Germany to visit my mom's side of the family when I was a kid...I bought a bunch of those reprints, even though I couldn't understand the translations...

I think I only have three left (one of which is a German reprint of Spidey #129!), as the others have been lost or misplaced.

Jim

You're probably right. Though I made good money at all the shows I set up at, the only one where I made a significant amount was Mannheim. Stuttgart wasn't bad either but not enough to justify the trip for you I suspect.

I considered making the trek and setting up at the Wein show but never could make the time...

Jim

in my opinion, the trip to the vienna convention for sellers with US comics is not worth it, if you are not living nearby. there are not much buyers for US comics. it depends what you have to sell and how many books you bring to the show. but for sellers outside of austria i think the fixed costs for the journey are to high.