• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanna see what a Comic Convention in Austria looks like?

37 posts in this topic

i thought i give you all an impression how comic conventions in austria look like. of course, the biggest convention is held in the capital city vienna. there are not many other cons in austria. compared to US cons, austrian cons are extreme small. if there are 1000 visitors the whole day, it was a good day. but it has a nice familiar feeling to it. the vienna con is held 4 times a year always on a sunday. enjoy the pictures, which were taken during the last years.

CIMG0997.jpg

CIMG1019.jpg

CIMG1070.jpg

CIMG1071.jpg

CIMG1073.jpg

CIMG1074.jpg

CIMG1079.jpg

CIMG1088.jpg

CIMG1104.jpg

CIMG1107.jpg

CIMG1548.jpg

CIMG1552.jpg

CIMG1582.jpg

CIMG1591.jpg

CIMG1605.jpg

CIMG1619.jpg

CIMG1659.jpg

CIMG1672.jpg

CIMG1675.jpg

CIMG1676.jpg

CIMG1816.jpg

CIMG1818.jpg

CIMG1819.jpg

CIMG1833.jpg

CIMG1840.jpg

CIMG1950.jpg

CIMG1951.jpg

CIMG1955.jpg

CIMG1957.jpg

CIMG2617.jpg

CIMG2640.jpg

CIMG2660.jpg

CIMG3405.jpg

CIMG3455.jpg

CIMG3461.jpg

CIMG4333.jpg

CIMG4524.jpg

CIMG4538.jpg

CIMG4539.jpg

CIMG4751.jpg

CIMG4752.jpg

CIMG4753.jpg

CIMG4755.jpg

CIMG4756.jpg

CIMG4757.jpg

Okay BL, when is the next one?

Please say August!

Is this the Wiener Comic & Figuren Borse? I have a poster from that show for May 7, 2006, that I pulled down from a pub wall in Vienna. 12, Langenfeldg. 15

www.comicboerse.org

Those are nice pics. THe next time you';re at a show where there's early Bronze Age Superboy covers, feel free to collect call me and I'll buy them.

Great photos!

The Display Rack Technology is pretty strange... Are those comics being held up by tape?

yes it is, but you have to know that there is often not many space to display. it's not the same as in the USA. so the few people (incl. me) who want to show some more comics hang them to the wall with tape or so. i often thought about some other method with racks (correct phrase?) but i can't transport something like this in a car. most of the people are private sellers and only a few have bigger cars for the transport.

Okay BL, when is the next one?

Please say August!

Is this the Wiener Comic & Figuren Borse? I have a poster from that show for May 7, 2006, that I pulled down from a pub wall in Vienna. 12, Langenfeldg. 15

www.comicboerse.org

no it's the Wiener Comic & Film Börse and it's held at the same place. this is the con with US comics and original art. it's not much (only few dealers) but the other con is more into german comics. i'm sorry but the next one is in september.

www.comicfilm.at

i'm sorry that i started a new post for every answer. here is the rest:

Not a bad selection for a show in Austria! Those Adams Bat books look like they are in pretty nice shape...

actually, these adams books are my personal collection and i displayed them there for some specials we have every con. once it was spidey, then superman, batman and so on. we don't have much other things for the entertainment of the visitors. so we try to show them the original US comics and figures which are not very common in austria. many US comic covers were never used for the german versions so this is something nice to see for the fans.

Very cool. I presume the prices are in Euros?

yes they are.

OK. So who is the guy with all the original art!!!

Looks like a great con!

S

the original art belongs to the organiser of the con, who is a friend of mine. he is the only one there with original art. once a year there is also a german guy who sells OA, but that's it. not much collectors here for OA

:applause: Great Pictures and Cool ASM #151 page any ideal what the asking price was on that or who had it? :gossip:

it was part of a spider-man exhibition and not for sale. it belongs to a OA collector who owns a company and therefore has the money to buy really expensive OA.

NO PEOPLE DRESS UP AS CROCIDILE DUNDEE? lol

this would make sense if you mean AUSTRALIA but we are talking about AUSTRIA in EUROPE. :gossip:

No one dressed up as Emperor Franz Joseph?

Great pics.

And, nice catch catch Silver. I think I've seen that Action reprinted as Superman in Spanish...but not 100% sure. I think there are a lot of Euro specific reprints, like the Superman / Batman instead of World's Finest.