• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Date stamp on Superman 146

12 posts in this topic

Date stamps, handwritten or otherwise do not affect the grade as far as I understand. I'd give this book about a 9.4. It's hard to tell if there are creases so from what I see it's about a 9.4.

Date stamps, handwritten or otherwise do not affect the grade as far as I understand. I'd give this book about a 9.4. It's hard to tell if there are creases so from what I see it's about a 9.4.

Chuck??...is that you??

J.D.

Chuck??...is that you??

J.D.

nahhh. Chuck would have just said NM/M and put a little yelow sticker on the 12 year old bag.

at least an 8.5..I only see damage around the 2 corners (left side), lower staple and also the lower left corner area shows evidence of wear. Without there being any stress cracks that I can see and the other 2 corners being pretty decent, it could go as high as a 9.0.

A written date will have no effect. I seem to remember a 9.4 CGC graded Golden Age Captain America with a date written on it in pencil somewhere in the 32nd edition of overstreet. (if I'm not mistaken)

A written date will have no effect. I seem to remember a 9.4 CGC graded Golden Age Captain America with a date written on it in pencil somewhere in the 32nd edition of overstreet. (if I'm not mistaken)

Scroll down and click on the picture for Sensation Comics 1.

http://www.jp-themint.com/getcomics.cfm?

This is a good example. Not only does the book say "Mike" in pencil by Wonder Woman's head but it has a dust line going down the right hand side of the book and it still got a 9.4. Of course this is a ture Golden Age book so they may give this book more slack than they will a book from the 50's or later.

Mephisto: Good example, but as we know, one example does not a consensus make, when it comes to CGC's grading 'patterns'. Sometimes ALL the stars have to align, and other times, just alpha ceti and sol.

That's a sweet book, regardless... I'd give it an VF+ 8.5, factoring in the date stamp. Without the stamp, it gets a VF/NM 9.0 from where I'm sitting.