• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #48 CGC 9.6...and the feedback!

87 posts in this topic

Hey Thanks for the heads up.

I have been off the boards for a while putting my new business together. I had no idea this guy was bad mouthing me. I have been on ebay for 9 years and this is only the second comic stolen and I only have two negative feedbacks and his is one. . I called the Post Office about how to do a claim..

They did not want the box mailed back to me so I could tamper with it. They wanted the buyer who bought the insurance to bring it as is to his local post office. So the quote of "he left me to file the claim is standard procedure) Because of the price I didn't use paypal. I did use paypal on the guitar I listed because it was a consignment from my friend who has no ebay account.

Thanks Joe

Jduran-

Can you describe the communication between the buyer and yourself a little bit?

Did he contact you that he had received a tampered with box, or did he open the well sealed box and find a broken slab with no comic?

Can you cut and paste any correspondence with him?

At this point it's just he says vs what you say.

I think everyone here would like to give you the benefit of the doubt.

We were on the phone everyday. I sent him my purchase receipt of the comic, helped over the phone fill out the forms sent him a copy of the insurance receipt and the signature confirmation information. I also informed him what the P.O said about him taking the claim and box to his P.O. He said he had just filed a similar claim recently.

He had a foreign accent and was somewhat hard to understand. . I gave him outstanding service. He was fine and thanked me and then gave me negative feedback. I just ignored it till today and I haven't been on the chat boards for quite a while.

My 9 year ebay record speaks for itself and all my customers. He may have kept the comic and the insurance money. I don't know this guy and I have moved on.....

regards, joe.

It doesn't sound like he at any point accused you directly of sending no comic at all.

I'm just curious what he told you was the problem when he contacted you.

If he opened the sealed box and there was nothing in there, why would he think an insurance claim would help him?

His lack of vitriol in his feedback for you seemed bizarre if he thought you had outright stolen $3,500 from him.

It sounds to me like he exaggerated the feedback, but who can possibly know what really happened other than the two of you. (shrug)

It is really a nasty feedback to have sitting there.

Good luck.

Yea it's nasty feedback but I have no recourse under the new rules......I am not going to sell to ebayers with such little feedback. ...It was insured so if it was stolen he is ok. Looks like he has come into a lot of money. I am not accusing him but if he took the book and sold it privatelly but with a sale and insurance he is sitting on $7000 grand.............

I have sold to everyone basically on this board including over 36 CGC 9.8s Bronze age with no problems.........I did have a guy years ago in Canada say he never got his ASM 300 9.8. But in Canada you can't do confirmation delivery. I don't sell to Canada on any large items anymore.