• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER MAN #10 MOTOR CITY CON BUY!

32 posts in this topic

that's where I would have thought due to the tiny piece missing, and otherwise straight edge lined up with the pages. Could just be a slight cover shift though....you'd have to have it in hand to even guess if it was trimmed....nice presenting copy by the way.

I'll call it a 6.5 assuming not trimmed...if that's not a back cover crease on the bottom left....then it might be a 7.0

Well, I got the book from Dale Roberts. I see him every year at the shows. I thought he had a good reputation. I also had Todd Lange (Zillaf4) look at it and he didn't mention anything about possible trimming. I will compare it to the one I currently own after I get home from the VAN HALEN concert tonight!!

Well, I got the book from Dale Roberts. I see him every year at the shows. I thought he had a good reputation. I also had Todd Lange (Zillaf4) look at it and he didn't mention anything about possible trimming. I will compare it to the one I currently own after I get home from the VAN HALEN concert tonight!!

With all due respect to dealers, unless they are the original owners, or restoration experts, they (like you and me) are only guessing - and it's quite easy to turn a blind eye when it's a book you are selling. :whistle:

Otherwise, great looking copy of one of my faves. . . :applause:

I compared this book with a 9.4 cgc unrestored and to me it doesn't look like any art is missing from any edges. Though that's probably not a fail safe way to tell if there has been trimming, I'm sure. Anyways, disregarding any possible trimming, I was thinking this book could be a 7.5 at least!

I compared this book with a 9.4 cgc unrestored and to me it doesn't look like any art is missing from any edges. Though that's probably not a fail safe way to tell if there has been trimming, I'm sure. Anyways, disregarding any possible trimming, I was thinking this book could be a 7.5 at least!

Art is irrelevant unless you are comparing before and after scans of this same book. Also, this issue is so notoriously miscut that the presence or absence of art at the edges is completely irrelevant in the determination of trimming. If you want more opinions, post it in the Restoration Forum and one of our resident "experts" :whistle: will chime in. :grin:

I was going to raise the issue of possible trimming. But I didn't want to just throw it out there. It does look like it has been trimmed to my eye. If it is given a clean bill of health. I think it is a very nice book. 6.5 seems awfully low for this book. I was thinking more along the lines of 8.0 Possible 8.5 in hand IMHO.

I will stand fully behind the book. If you submit it and it comes back trimmed, I will fully refund you or give you full credit towards anything else I have in stock. I am 99% certain it is not. Nothing personal to the peanut gallery, but you and I both had a much better chance to evaluate the book with it in our hands.

I will stand fully behind the book. If you submit it and it comes back trimmed, I will fully refund you or give you full credit towards anything else I have in stock.

I'll applaud that. :applause:

I just compared it to the #10 that I was upgrading. I am not sure what to look for, but to me it does not appear trimmed. The measurements are within 1/32" of each other on width and identical on length. Both right edges have an ever so slight jaggedish edge to them and a VERY tiny chip out at almost the identical spot. Pages on both appear untouched.

Why the heck can't the RED WINGS score so I can go to bed??