• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Los Angeles Comic Book Show Sunday 6-8-2008! Whose going?

9 posts in this topic

I'll be there. :)

I'll have a table there selling Doctor Who action figures, DC Universe Figures, graphic novels, Star Wars and stuff like that. I'm usually pretty close to the center of the place.

Stop by and say hi!

Mike

I'll be there. :)

I'll have a table there selling Doctor Who action figures, DC Universe Figures, graphic novels, Star Wars and stuff like that. I'm usually pretty close to the center of the place.

Stop by and say hi!

Mike

Hey Mike,

I def will!

so how big is this convention? alot of dealer?

any input would b emuch appreciated!!!

Not too big of a show - I'm trying to remember exactly (I've only set-up there a couple times). I think it's 4 rows long with maybe 20 tables per row??? Might be totally off here - I'm trying to picture it. Of course, some dealers take up two tables or so, but I would guess around 50 dealers or so. 40% of them are toy dealers, 40% comics, and the rest "other" (DVD, t-shirt, etc.)....I think if you were coming to just check out comic book dealers - about 20 or so seem to sell comics. A few sell newer stuff, but seems like most sell older issues. I know Terry's Comics sets up there (although with summer starting he might be getting ready for the bigger cons) and he usually has a pretty good selection of back issues. He's the only national dealer that I recognize. I seem to see a lot of bargain boxes and "lower" end books, but that just might be the guys who set-up around me. I always see a few guys with Bronze, Silver, etc. books, so it seems like there would be a good selection. I haven't spent time checking out prices though, so not sure how good the deals are with those dealers.

Attendance seems to based on who the guest is going to be (of course, like I said, I've only done a couple of these). Had a ton of comic book people at the last one when Stan Lee showed up. Not sure how Shatner will do, but I'm planning on bringing more sci-fi types of toys to sell this time around (Doctor Who, Star Wars....) and leaving more comic orientated stuff at home.

Okay - go to the show and let me know how far off base I am!!

Thanks Mike for the report, i am going and will def stop by and say whats up!

How will I know which one u are? :hi:

Hmmm....good question - I think there are only a couple dealers there selling Doctor Who toys. I always try to put up some signs for "Mikes Comics N Stuff", but will probably at least have some flyers. I'll have a small 4 shelf display with Women of DC Universe Busts and other busts. Doctor Who, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars toys are what I'll mostly be selling on the table. Boxes of graphic novels under the table.....

Consider it a challenge! :hi:

Thanks Mike for the report, i am going and will def stop by and say whats up!

How will I know which one u are? :hi:

Hmmm....good question - I think there are only a couple dealers there selling Doctor Who toys. I always try to put up some signs for "Mikes Comics N Stuff", but will probably at least have some flyers. I'll have a small 4 shelf display with Women of DC Universe Busts and other busts. Doctor Who, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars toys are what I'll mostly be selling on the table. Boxes of graphic novels under the table.....

Consider it a challenge! :hi:

cool, see u there!