• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age CGC slabs for sale...Make Mine Marvel

50 posts in this topic

AAF #7,10 + 13 :takeit:

Honestly, hard to believe they lasted a full day . . . I was sitting on my hands the whole time! :eek:

:applause:

Nice pickup! I was looking at those seriously this afternoon, but work got in the way. I need to get my priorities straight.

Mike

AAF #7,10 + 13 :takeit:

Honestly, hard to believe they lasted a full day . . . I was sitting on my hands the whole time! :eek:

(thumbs u

Couldn't resist, I had to throw at least one Golden Age goodie in here!!! Not a CGC book, but a nice copy. This is Jungle #44 from 1943, spectacular cover, very light wear, and a loose centerfold!!! This book is a FN (6.0) copy!!! Asking $81.00 including shipping.

:news: Offering this at a reduced price!!!! Last chance; Only $72.00 includes shipping!!!

jungle44.jpg

:takeit: But first explain why it's listed as a VF+ by Dale Roberts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUNGLE-COMICS-44-VERY-FINE-PLUS-LEGGY-CROCODILE_W0QQitemZ180021837058QQihZ008QQcategoryZ67QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Couldn't resist, I had to throw at least one Golden Age goodie in here!!! Not a CGC book, but a nice copy. This is Jungle #44 from 1943, spectacular cover, very light wear, and a loose centerfold!!! This book is a FN (6.0) copy!!! Asking $81.00 including shipping.

:news: Offering this at a reduced price!!!! Last chance; Only $72.00 includes shipping!!!

jungle44.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUNGLE-COMICS-44-VERY-FINE-PLUS-LEGGY-CROCODILE_W0QQitemZ180021837058QQihZ008QQcategoryZ67QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

very interesting

Arte1.jpg

I'm betting that Blind Owl bought if from Mr. Roberts........found the loose centerfold, downgraded the book and is now selling it to me, without having to scan it for a new image. Dale probably doesn't even realize that it's still in his ebay store...............:lol:

Hi Comic Dey,

Nope!!! It's not Dale Roberts' copy. I bought this copy from ComicLink, and they had it listed as a 6.0 copy with loose centerfold. I saw Dales' copy a few months back too. It's not the same copy even though they look similar.

Also I'd be taking a beating if this was Dales'. I think he was asking $225.00 for a VF copy. Not a bad deal by any means. It's a lovely book!!! Thanks for the purchase, I'll PM you right now (just woke up, getting ready for work!!!

Joe

jungle44.jpg

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Djungle%2B44%26ItemType%3DCB&id=736164

The one on comiclink isn't the same book, but does look similar, but the image isn't the same....close....but not the same.....

I donno, I just overlaid the Dale Robert's and this one in photoshop, not saying they are the same book, but they both have the exact same background, every speck is in the same spot.

Maybe they both just have the same scanner dust hm

Probably didn't have a scan, and just borrowed that one, or had both on his computer and got them mixed up, all sorts of possibilities, probably not on purpose.

To me it's just a classic case of someone inadvertly downloading the wrong pic in Photobucket (shrug)

When I was actively collecting Strange Tales I had many scans of a given issue from various dealer etc. Just have to make sure to pic the right one :D