• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what happens next?

35 posts in this topic

I guess we don't really even know what the steps mean. Per CGC's description, a package is opened the day it is received, the contents compared to the invoice, labels printed, and the books put in a mylar bag.

I think we are saying the same thing...CGC's description combines the use of "Received" and "Verified" in the same sentence. I just talked to Gemma the other day and she clarifed to me that "Verified" is basically what you just said above. That begs the question...so what the heck does "Received" mean...other than saying "yep, we have a box for you on this invoice?"

:sorry: Whats funny is I probably will get them back after WW Chicago. I could have submitted them on-site with the books I am bringing lol

I still have faith they will at least have them graded by weeks end :wishluck:

Call and have them bring the books to Chicago unless you have a lot and don't want to worry about flying with them.

Sorry, I don't buy this "maybe one or two days late" because 20 days service time is door-to-door...and it always takes a MINIMUM of one week for them to encapsulate the books before shipping.

On time is when I submit the books and receive them between 3-4 weeks later. So, in my case, they are a minimum of 1 week late...assuming they start grading my books TODAY. I think they are two weeks+ late.

Not a biggie...but if it looks like a pig, smell likes a pig...chances are...it's a pig.

:popcorn:

Oink

Hey Joe,

you just added 6 more weeks to your wait for your books.

Sincerely,

S. Borock

:makepoint:

:sorry: Whats funny is I probably will get them back after WW Chicago. I could have submitted them on-site with the books I am bringing lol

I still have faith they will at least have them graded by weeks end :wishluck:

OK, 3 PM on Friday. Books still in received state. Time for me to eat crow.

Anyone else's status change? Thursday will be day 20 since they received my modern submission and my order still states received.

What is funny is that on June 3, their site said on time, but just six days later, and it is updated to stating 4/25/08, which means they are more than a full month behind. How could they not realize they were that far behind until June 9. On June 3, couldn't they just look in the computer and see that the latest modern shipments to go out were for 4/19/08?

Oh well, likes like I was off about it being a month behind. Appears to be six weeks... for now.