• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what happens next?

35 posts in this topic

So I bought a collectors society membership about a month ago and CGC sent me out their information pack. Decided to hold on to my "freebie" coupon and use it on some GA books I want to send in. So, instead I got together around 30 books (mix of late bronze and copper books), packed them up and shipped them off to CGC under the "Modern" tier Just tracked my package and it arrived and the status online shows they have the package. It looks like the present 20 business turn around is in effect.....so I can hardly wait to see what the books grade out as... :grin:

So my two questions are...what should I do while I wait for my first ever batch of books to come back? hm

And...

Once they are graded, does CGC posts the grades under the status of the order? Is there a way to find out what the books graded at before I get the box at the post office or do I just have to chew my nails and wait?

Thanks for the input in advance... :grin:

what should I do while I wait for my first ever batch of books to come back? hm

Have you tried knitting...maybe needlepoint. Or better yet, get your next 20 - 30 ready for when you get your first batch back.

Once they are graded, does CGC posts the grades under the status of the order? Is there a way to find out what the books graded at before I get the box at the post office or do I just have to chew my nails and wait?

The grades will be posted in the same place where you have the status of your order. When you click on the link, which becomes active once they are verified, then you will be able to see the grades before you get the box. It will go from received --> verified --> scheduled for grading --> graded --> shipped safe

Good luck on that 20 days. I think I'm 14 days into 20 days and I don't even have verified status yet, still received.

I thought verified meant that they opened your package and confirmed that the contents of the box match the contents of the invoice. Since mine still just says received, I'm assuming they haven't even opened the box yet.

The process description states that new packages are opened immediately upon receipt, but that doesn't appear to be so in my case.

They are behind now on Moderns. My economy order was actually graded faster relatively speaking. My Modern order is at 20 business days as of tomorrow and they aren't Verified either, much less graded.

"Verified" means that they've placed the books in mylar and "prepped" the book for grading...meaning they have keyed the data in the system and printed the labels, etc. My understanding of "received" is that they have opened the contents and they match the form...and that they enter the invoice number into the system for accounting purposes.

As soon as I heard about the amount of books CGC picked up to be graded at one of the recent cons I realized I was going to be sitting this one out. Probably my last submission until fall.

I spoke with them yesterday and they swore moderns were running on-time or maybe a day or two late. I have books in from 5/8 (17 or 18 working days minus WWP and the holiday) and they are still sitting as received).

I spoke to them over the phone and they were 90% confident that the books would be graded by weeks end (where is the holding your breath graemlin).

I am assuming based on the conversation that the CC's website has not been updated as accurately as it should be due to the flood of books from the NY con.

Sorry, I don't buy this "maybe one or two days late" because 20 days service time is door-to-door...and it always takes a MINIMUM of one week for them to encapsulate the books before shipping.

On time is when I submit the books and receive them between 3-4 weeks later. So, in my case, they are a minimum of 1 week late...assuming they start grading my books TODAY. I think they are two weeks+ late.

Not a biggie...but if it looks like a pig, smell likes a pig...chances are...it's a pig.

:popcorn:

They are behind now on Moderns. My economy order was actually graded faster relatively speaking. My Modern order is at 20 business days as of tomorrow and they aren't Verified either, much less graded.

"Verified" means that they've placed the books in mylar and "prepped" the book for grading...meaning they have keyed the data in the system and printed the labels, etc. My understanding of "received" is that they have opened the contents and they match the form...and that they enter the invoice number into the system for accounting purposes.

As soon as I heard about the amount of books CGC picked up to be graded at one of the recent cons I realized I was going to be sitting this one out. Probably my last submission until fall.

I guess we don't really even know what the steps mean. Per CGC's description, a package is opened the day it is received, the contents compared to the invoice, labels printed, and the books put in a mylar bag.

If received means they have compared the contents to the invoice, then where to the books site until they are verified. The box is now open, the packing method disturbed, so they can't put them back. Are they putting them in a box? stacking them in a pile? It seems to me that as soon as they take your book out of your protective packaging, it should be protected in someway, and labeled so orders don't get confused. Even if they are put in a box, they should be labeled somehow.

This is why I thought received just meant they had your package. Verified meant that it was opened, checked against invoice, placed in their mylars, and labeled.

My last Economy sub, was mailed out on 4/23, and I received them back before the end of May :o

:banana: :banana:

Me loves early returns :luhv:

Sorry, I don't buy this "maybe one or two days late" because 20 days service time is door-to-door...and it always takes a MINIMUM of one week for them to encapsulate the books before shipping.

On time is when I submit the books and receive them between 3-4 weeks later. So, in my case, they are a minimum of 1 week late...assuming they start grading my books TODAY. I think they are two weeks+ late.

Not a biggie...but if it looks like a pig, smell likes a pig...chances are...it's a pig.

Yeah, I was thinking they are about a month behind, realistically.

When I send in books directly, almost within a day they show up as verified. But this time I subbed them at the Emerald City con and they still only show up as received. I don't know if there's a difference whether or not you sub it directly or from the CGC desk? I'm sure there are a boat load more books in the con submissions and it would take a while for them to get them all in the system. (shrug)

My last Economy sub, was mailed out on 4/23, and I received them back before the end of May :o

:banana: :banana:

Me loves early returns :luhv:

I'm talking moderns here.

Oink

Oink

Hey Joe,

you just added 6 more weeks to your wait for your books.

Sincerely,

S. Borock

:makepoint:

Oink

Hey Joe,

you just added 6 more weeks to your wait for your books.

Sincerely,

S. Borock

:makepoint:

:sorry: Whats funny is I probably will get them back after WW Chicago. I could have submitted them on-site with the books I am bringing lol

I still have faith they will at least have them graded by weeks end :wishluck: