• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Randy DuBurke anyone?

3 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

Last week I got in 2 pieces by Randy DuBurke, anyone remember him?

One piece is a cool Batman pin-up done when he was still doing comic art for a living, but the other piece is what has me so very happy. It's the cover art for The Ray mini serieswhich, along with Sword of Azrael, helped put a certain Joe Quesada on the map :cloud9: .

You can see both pieces here .

There are now 5 whole pieces of Randy's art in CAF :o , so I'm thinking I'm in a very small group of fanboys who know his work and liked what he did! He's doing commercial and children's book art these days.

I hope you like the pieces just a little!

Best

Simon

Nice pick ups Simon.

I wasn't familiar with the name but once I saw the art, I remembered the images.

I actually thought Quesada did the cover fors the entire Ray series.

I guess at the time, commercial art paid a lot more than the comic book publishers so a lot of artists like Randy ended up leaving the industry.

Cheers!

N

Nice pick ups Simon.

I wasn't familiar with the name but once I saw the art, I remembered the images.

I actually thought Quesada did the cover fors the entire Ray series.

I guess at the time, commercial art paid a lot more than the comic book publishers so a lot of artists like Randy ended up leaving the industry.

Cheers!

N

Hi Nelson,

Thanks! Bill Sienkiewicz actually did the cover for the first issue of the mini, and then Randy did the art for issues 2 & 3. Quesada did the covers for 4-6 which is odd for me, as they're more of a traditional super-hero cover feel, where as Bill's and Randy's covers where more image based...hmm, not sure if that's the best way to say it, but there is definitely a style break for covers 1-3 to what Joe did on 4-6. You can see all the covers in one go here to try and see what I mean.

Anyway, glad you liked the art, I know I'm really happy with the pieces!

Best

Simon