• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Finally upgraded the last book I needed for this set of the six issues of Cinderella Love with Matt Baker covers. Many years in the making. The 15 and 27 are highest graded CGC copies. The 25 is VF, the 29 is almost VF, and the 28 is probably FN minus.

It's a work in progress.

CL_LOT_A_zpse708e16f.jpg

LOVEly

Finally upgraded the last book I needed for this set of the six issues of Cinderella Love with Matt Baker covers. Many years in the making. The 15 and 27 are highest graded CGC copies. The 25 is VF, the 29 is almost VF, and the 28 is probably FN minus.

It's a work in progress.

CL_LOT_A_zpse708e16f.jpg

Absolutely sensational books. I knew about the Circle 8 find with some CL15. I did not know any came out that nice (9.0). (worship)

But, where the heck did you get the CL 27 (8.5) ? :o

That one really blows my mind.

It's a work in progress.

CL_LOT_A_zpse708e16f.jpg

Absolutely sensational books. I knew about the Circle 8 find with some CL15. I did not know any came out that nice (9.0). (worship)

But, where the heck did you get the CL 27 (8.5) ? :o

That one really blows my mind.

Thanks, RICK (and everyone else, too)!

The raw 27 was an eBay auction win, back in '06. The seller didn't know what he had, he posted a small, out-of-focus digital photo of the book, and estimated the grade at Very Good (which he had to have meant literally, not technically!). Even so, there was surprisingly little competition for it, and it ended at about $175. I had it slabbed with my very next CGC submission.

It's a work in progress.

CL_LOT_A_zpse708e16f.jpg

:cloud9::applause::golfclap:^^

This arrived today...another off the list...

2dl43te.jpg

Don't know what it is about his cover, but I love it since I've first seen it. Still need to get me a copy...

Well, this one was on eBay last week. I talked the guy down from $125 to $85. Glad you weren't looking then... :roflmao: But seriously, I hope you find yours and it's twice as good as mine. :wishluck:

Not exactly "romance", but close enough.

sevenseas4_zpsb8f2f505.jpg

By far one of Bakers best covers!

Very true! Baker was sly on this one... If you look long enough in the background you can see there's also a shark. At least, that's what I've heard....

BTW - Nice score Brian! The color scheme on that book really makes the dame, I mean woman stand out. Very cool!

This arrived today...another off the list...

2dl43te.jpg

Don't know what it is about his cover, but I love it since I've first seen it. Still need to get me a copy...

Well, this one was on eBay last week. I talked the guy down from $125 to $85. Glad you weren't looking then... :roflmao: But seriously, I hope you find yours and it's twice as good as mine. :wishluck:

It's nice to see this one getting some love... it's a favorite of mine, too, but it never seems to be very high on the want lists of most collectors.

And just in time for Valentine's Day... :luhv: