• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,588 posts in this topic

Teen. Romances 9 (CGC 5.5) at $1027 on the 'Link and still going. :cry:

It's not for me but I reckon that book has plenty of room to go further. And further still. Better tighten your belt Rick!

Can't wait to see the fireworks on the Cinderella. I think the fact that it's not doing the traditional 95% runup in the first 2 hours is very auspicious. And you certainly gave the world a chance to take it off the table well before this, Michael. I've never been so willing to see a book sail clean out of sight! :wishluck:

Thanks Andy.

Maybe he's reading about our union and he was afraid to ask more for it. See, it's working...

He's listed some other books that have his usual high prices. His pricing of these books is curious.

yeah, I saw that go for a steal. They really under sold the Teenage Temptations #2 as well, in my opinion anyways.

I agree. That one also went fast.

When some of your BINs are taken in a few minutes and others sit there for months ...

Maybe you just hit on it... Some of his books are priced to never sell... that way, when he lists books that are merely over priced, they seem like good deals, and get snatched up in 15 minutes.

Maybe he's reading about our union and he was afraid to ask more for it. See, it's working...

He's listed some other books that have his usual high prices. His pricing of these books is curious.

yeah, I saw that go for a steal. They really under sold the Teenage Temptations #2 as well, in my opinion anyways.

I agree. That one also went fast.

When some of your BINs are taken in a few minutes and others sit there for months ...

Maybe you just hit on it... Some of his books are priced to never sell... that way, when he lists books that are merely over priced, they seem like good deals, and get snatched up in 15 minutes.

:o I was tricked!

The Seven Seas 4 3.0 is up to $836.50 (w/BP) with floor bidding about to begin. More than twice what I paid for mine on eBay just a few months ago. Apparently the sky really is the limit for Mr. Baker these days.

Ironically there are copies of the same 2 books forthcoming in May (among others).

http://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+792+4294951790&No=100

You would guess that with prices moving as they have been, we will start seeing more copies brought to market.

You really wonder if there might be a significant price reaction. Even many of our fellow GA geeks seem to have no interest in Baker. As people begin filling out their collections, prices -- at least in mid-grade -- may begin to decline. At least I hope so! :D

The Seven Seas 4 3.0 is up to $836.50 (w/BP) with floor bidding about to begin. More than twice what I paid for mine on eBay just a few months ago. Apparently the sky really is the limit for Mr. Baker these days.

No floor or phone bids, today.

Ironically there are copies of the same 2 books forthcoming in May (among others).

You would guess that with prices moving as they have been, we will start seeing more copies brought to market.

You really wonder if there might be a significant price reaction. Even many of our fellow GA geeks seem to have no interest in Baker. As people begin filling out their collections, prices -- at least in mid-grade -- may begin to decline. At least I hope so! :D

I know my want list is really getting down there. Aren't too many more I'd pay big bucks for. If I didn't already have a pretty nice TLP 11, I would've grabbed that CGC 6.5 the other morning... (almost did, anyway, except I've spent soo much $$$ recently, with more still on the horizon).

No floor or phone bids, today.

Ah, right. Just live Internet bidding.

I know my want list is really getting down there. Aren't too many more I'd pay big bucks for. If I didn't already have a pretty nice TLP 11, I would've grabbed that CGC 6.5 the other morning... (almost did, anyway, except I've spent soo much $$$ recently, with more still on the horizon).

You should have grabbed anyway, that one was soooo underpriced.

I know. I know.

:tonofbricks:

I know. I know.

Nah - you did the right thing Rick.

I know. I know.

If you say so, Michael. 'Cause I know you only have my best interests at heart.

:angel:

I know. I know.

If you say so, Michael. 'Cause I know you only have my best interests at heart.

:angel:

Share the wealth I say!

TeenageTemptations2CGC_zps138087af.jpg

TrueLovePictorial11_zps9f80016c.jpg

Oh man, I am so upset I missed those. I've been watching his ebay listings constantly. :frustrated:

Ken

Sorry about that Ken. For once being in the UK worked in my favor. Over the years I've missed so many books posted or closing after I have gone to bed.

It was certainly strange, seeing two of my very favorite Baker covers pop up together like that only months after I let go my previous copies!