• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC: Dinner Anyone?

44 posts in this topic

Thought I'd gauge interest in a SDCC original art dinner, most likely on the Saturday. Please let me know if you wish to attend. I will try hard to keep the price per person at 50 dollars or thereabouts, while still having plenty of food.

Let me know if there's enough interest. If we can get over 30 people, I'll go forward with finding a venue and making the reservation.

You may respond on- or off-list.

Looking forward to seeing new and old friends at SDCC!

Hari,

Though I unfortunately will not be attending -- if you remember organizing the dinner a few years ago - you did so on Thursday and it was a phenomenal turnout. I think you'll find that most OA collectors show up on Wednesday and leave around Friday. Saturday and Sunday are insane and most people tend to stay away on those days.

Wish I could attend whenever you have it!

--David

Hi,

Yeah, I may have to change to Thursday. I'm taking names down for both days, and will schedule it for whichever date has the better turnout.

We'll miss ya!

Hari

So far we've got about 20-24 folks coming. Looks like we should hit 30 pretty easily. Please let me know if you're available either (or both) Thursday and Saturday. More people are interested in Thursday, it seems.

Is there also a CGC dinner? And, if so, what day/night?

Hari

Doesn't look like anyone has yet taken the initiative to organize the CGC dinner, but in past years I think it has always been on Saturday night, so you are probably better off aiming for Thursday night for the OA dinner. :whistle:

So far we've got about 20-24 folks coming. Looks like we should hit 30 pretty easily. Please let me know if you're available either (or both) Thursday and Saturday. More people are interested in Thursday, it seems.

Is there also a CGC dinner? And, if so, what day/night?

Hari

I will try and make it, but I never know what meetings are set up for me to attend until about a week before. I would love to talk and look at OA :banana:

OK, we're off to a great start! Looks like we'll have over 30 people minimum. Which, of course, means that it'll be more like 40.

So, this is now a confirmed event. I'll look at venues and update the list/boards ASAP.

Best,

OK, we're off to a great start! Looks like we'll have over 30 people minimum. Which, of course, means that it'll be more like 40.

So, this is now a confirmed event. I'll look at venues and update the list/boards ASAP.

Best,

Great news Hari,

Once it's all confirmed, publish the list of attendees, maybe I'll see a name that will make me bail :grin:

Or maybe people will bail now that they see I am attending :grin:

Malvin

OK, we've got 37 people signed up right now. Options for food include Rei do Gado, which is the Brazilian BBQ all-you-can-eat place that we had last time I threw this dinner in 2006. This time they promise they can arrange the tables in two parallel rows so we can meet/mingle a little better. Second option is La Strada, a more upscale Italian with a private room. The first is cheaper than the latter, but we're looking around 60 dollars per person no matter how we cut it these days.

Here's the current list:

Hari Naidu (me)

Piktu Mukherji

Bill Cox

Brian Peck

Alex ?

Stephen Ferzoco (maybe)

Gene Park (delekkerste)

Gene Park's guest

Dom Milano

Dan Ripoll

Jon Mankuta

Ron Montouri

Michael Avilla

Scotty Moore

Mike Pascale

Duane Capizzi

Mark Levy

Ray Ghanbari

Kasra Ghanbari

David Kalisiak

Ron Sonenthal

Ron Sonenthal's guest

Jeff Siedlick

Paris Fred

Steve Borock

Alan Bartholemiew

CAP Freak

Claudio Franke (Aggodventure)

John27tex (John)

John's guest (Misty)

Paratrooper (maybe)

Malvin Velez

Weng Tam

Weng Tam's guest

John Butler

Doc Dave (maybe)

Joseph Melchior

I figure there'll be another 10 when all is said and done. Last time we got around 50-55 people at Rei do Gado.