• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To whom it may concern

77 posts in this topic

"It is too great an infringement on our Liberty, to have to be selective of every word that we choose, just so we do not offend anyone. People do not have to listen to people they find offensive, or read what people have written if they find it offensive"- James Madison, Author of the US Constitution.

J.D.

"It is too great an infringement on our Liberty, to have to be selective of every word that we choose, just so we do not offend anyone. People do not have to listen to people they find offensive, or read what people have written if they find it offensive"- James Madison, Author of the US Constitution.

J.D.

Amen, it has gotten ridiculous around here - it is not a matter of what is offensive to someone it is a matter of what the moderator finds personally offensive. I had a picture of Hitler and Streisand pulled because Dena said that some people might be sensitive to pictures of Hitler - give me a break then they should not be on the internet nor should they read any picture books. Granted, it is their forum but enough of this bull [!@#%^&^] political correctness - they should stop calling it moderating and start calling for what it is - censoring.

Would you prefer everyone was allowed to use racial slurs constantly? To think that a forum should not be moderated is asinine. The forums are in some ways representative of the company. If there's people on here swearing, using racial slurs, and being offensive. It doesn't look good for the company.

Or maybe you can continue to [!@#%^&^] and they can remove the forums so then you won't have anything to complain about? Which option do you prefer?

I just find it amusing when people sit and whine about things like free speech on the internet after someone's post is removed. Especially on something like this forum which is given to us freely despite a fairly large cost endured by the providing company. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Brian

Amen, it has gotten ridiculous around here - it is not a matter of what is offensive to someone it is a matter of what the moderator finds personally offensive. I had a picture of Hitler and Streisand pulled because Dena said that some people might be sensitive to pictures of Hitler - give me a break then they should not be on the internet nor should they read any picture books. Granted, it is their forum but enough of this bull [!@#%^&^] political correctness - they should stop calling it moderating and start calling for what it is - censoring.

You combined a photo of a Jewish performer with Hitler and wonder why it might be deemed offensive? A total mystery.

There is not free speech on a privately-owned message board. That's why they have rules that must be followed. We all toe the edge of the envelope sometimes, and therefore, we should all be aware of the possible consequences. Some things are obvious (like the photo you posted) and others not as much so (like Jonny D's recent incarceration). But in the end, the mods get to decide and we get to either abide by their rules, or find some other message board. Seems pretty fair to me.

-- Joanna

You combined a photo of a Jewish performer with Hitler and wonder why it might be deemed offensive? A total mystery.

There is not free speech on a privately-owned message board. That's why they have rules that must be followed. We all toe the edge of the envelope sometimes, and therefore, we should all be aware of the possible consequences. Some things are obvious (like the photo you posted) and others not as much so (like Jonny D's recent incarceration). But in the end, the mods get to decide and we get to either abide by their rules, or find some other message board. Seems pretty fair to me.

-- Joanna

I agree to a certain point Joanna,...but the Moderators are picking and choosing what is offensive and what is not....AntI-semitism.... STAMP OFFENSIVE ....racial slurs..... STAMP OFFENSIVE ....physical threats and insults...... ]depends on the poster...if we like you its ok and we will tolerate it forever.....if we don't like you .... STAMP OFFENSIVE .....homosexual slurs.....that's Ok...no one gets offended by that...after all it's not discriminatory or anything......everyone make fun of homosexuals.....

I completely understand the rights of a privately owned forum being able to control the content of their medium,.....that's not the issue here......what I don't understand is how people can turn their backs and ignore the blatant disregard of some peoples rights and values and dismiss it as the rights of a privately owned business.....in otherwords.......it's alright to censor as long as you don't sensor me.....

With that said,...I am out of here.....because I wouldn't want my views to infringe upon anyone else's sense of moral decency,...so Murph,...you can wrap yourself up in that mid-western, white-bread Iowa flag of yours and salute yourself,...But I have decided that I won't be part of any club that would have me as a member........

J.D.

With that said,...I am out of here.....because I wouldn't want my views to infringe upon anyone else's sense of moral decency,...so Murph,...you can wrap yourself up in that mid-western, white-bread Iowa flag of yours and salute yourself,...But I have decided that I won't be part of any club that would have me as a member........

J.D.

I fully support your right to leave. thumbsup2.gif

Thats the way the cookie crumbles. One kid gets cars from daddy and the other kid gets sent to the corner. The fact that you have a stack of Action #1's aint gonna change that. Some of the ego's in here need humbling anyway. Kudos to the mods.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles. One kid gets cars from daddy and the other kid gets sent to the corner. The fact that you have a stack of Action #1's aint gonna change that. Some of the ego's in here need humbling anyway. Kudos to the mods.

Inappropiate post deleted

You dont have much success with girls do you. 27_laughing.gif

Inappropriate post deleted

C'mon dude, that's not cool at all...you need to chill... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Would you prefer everyone was allowed to use racial slurs constantly? To think that a forum should not be moderated is asinine. The forums are in some ways representative of the company. If there's people on here swearing, using racial slurs, and being offensive. It doesn't look good for the company.

Or maybe you can continue to [!@#%^&^] and they can remove the forums so then you won't have anything to complain about? Which option do you prefer?

I just find it amusing when people sit and whine about things like free speech on the internet after someone's post is removed. Especially on something like this forum which is given to us freely despite a fairly large cost endured by the providing company. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...

Brian

I guess you read different post then mine becuase you do not know what thge hell you are talking about. Did I mention anything about a racial slur? Speaking of racial slurs , I believe the last one someone got is because they made a joke about Irish and drinking. Wow, watch out for that inflammatory racial slur. How about the word ? Is that the swearing you are referring to ? I am sure you recognize the word - it is on virtually every television station. How about the word krap or krappy? Yeah that is really offensive. The list goes on and you know it.

Especially on something like this forum which is given to us freely despite a fairly large cost endured by the providing company.

Really , how much do you think it costs for a forum?Fairly large cost? You have know idea what this costs or what you are talking about . This site was already created to serve a purpose the they would save little or no money by removing it. Hell, there are quite a few web hosters out there that have forums with huge bandwiths and GB's storage.

The point was not removing moderating but how it is moderated. Certain post definitely deserve to censored and a lot do not. Words like cr@p, , a picture of Hitler, a joke about Irish and alcohol - do not deserve it. If you had bothered to actually read and understand what I had written , I specifically said enough of the political correctness not enough moderating. You are right about one thing :

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you

We are the hand that feeds CGC.