• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone bought from or know the thelesneydude on Ebay?

28 posts in this topic

I asked him if he knew if any of the books were restored and his answer was:

All four books "are outstanding, completely original, high grade books. Thanks for your interest."

I kind of had a feeling he might answer that way. He's also comparing his raw books to the cgc census as well with statements like:

"All Rank Among The

Very Finest Known Copies!!!

(7) Solo Highest + (2) Tied For Highest"

and

"The CGC has certified only 3 copies with a higher grade"

but these are for raw books. (shrug)

I think I bought a book from him a couple of years ago. It was pretty closely graded, but in the 5.0 range. Can't speak to his HG grading or resto detection skills. Just ask him point blank. He may think that unrestored is implicit in "original owner".

I think I bought a book from him a couple of years ago. It was pretty closely graded, but in the 5.0 range. Can't speak to his HG grading or resto detection skills. Just ask him point blank. He may think that unrestored is implicit in "original owner".

I thought I was pretty clear in my question. I basically said:

Hi. I'm very interested in the four Chamber of Chills books you have up for auction this week. Could you tell me if any of the books have been restored to your knowledge?

Then he just sent me his sales pitch as a response. I think I'll wait 'til some more graded copies go up for auction. If someone else buys any and sends them in to be graded, let me know how it goes.

Bought from them in the past a few times. No resto (that I could detect) and grading on or very near the money. Not the warmest of communications...business-like and efficient...but I'd take that and accurate grading over gushy bonhommie any day of the week. (thumbs u

He has lot of nice stuff. It seems to be graded right. However, his descriptions are purposefully laborious and effective in making the book sound better than it is. Consequently, he gets good action on his auctions, so I never bid on his stuff because it will almost always go for more than it's worth.

I should consign some of my stuff to him.

I have purchasee two books and both were overgraded.

VF 50s Kid Colt - Some writing on the cover had been erased and this wasn't mentioned in the description

VG+ GA Dickie Dare - No mention in his description of the ten pieces of tape on the inside of the cover

Mike

The Lesneydude is the only seller I know that acually asks you to pay him MORE that what he invoices for the auction and the shipping as a "donation" to help oftset his costs.

I get the feeling its because he despises CGC and Paypal adding to his costs and wishes for the good old days.