• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars #1 CGC 9.4 (35c price variant) Sold For $10,500.00!!!

12 posts in this topic

Hmmmm....just thinking about the price....

Only 59 Star Wars 1 35 centers certified....

X-Men price variants are in the X-Men registry sets

12 X-Men 105s certified

8 X-Men 106s certified

8 X-Men 107s certified

The 30 cent variants (98, 99, and 100) are also in the set.

That bronze-age run is gonna be real tough to complete. High-grade on those books is a book that is complete with a universal label.

Prediction: The combination of an updated registry set of extremely rare books smack dab in the middle of the key bronze-age comic book series is going to continue to put price pressure on the price variant books.

I just discovered that I have a Star Wars #1 35C variant. It's certainly not in mint condition, but it is in good condition. I got it when I was a kid and it's been in a box with other Star Wars (and Beetle Bailey??) comics ever since. I got it near Ephrata, PA which I guess maybe was part of Philadelphia run? Could it really be worth $5K+? Is it worth it to send it to CGC to get it graded? And if so, do I need to find a comic shop that's a member? I'm confused about the process. Any other info would be helpful. Thanks!!

I'd definitely get it slabbed. You can submit the book yourself after you fill out your invoice online. The submission center on this website will give you all the details. Best of luck. :wishluck: Post a scan of it here when you get a shot.

That used to be my book! I sold it raw for $1386 in March, 2000. That is the book show in last year's (?) Overstreet. Came from here:

35centletter.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Donut that freaking sweet. I wanted to bid all out on that one book because I love variants and odd books like that but went for lesser valued books to add to my collection. Plus Sheild might needed it more then me (thumbs u and put me in the poor house.

That used to be my book! I sold it raw for $1386 in March, 2000. That is the book show in last year's (?) Overstreet. Came from here:

35centletter.jpg

hm I wonder how much that letter would go for at auction. Get it CGCed and I bet it goes for more then that Green Lanturn #76 did. :devil: