• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic Con International July 23-27

83 posts in this topic

CGC will be setting up at the upcoming 2008 San Diego Comic Con International - July 23-27

Comic-Con 2008 Special Guest List Updated as of April 18, 2008

» Forrest J. Ackerman

» Sergio Aragones

» Kyle Baker

» Ralph Bakshi

» Mike W. Barr

» Lynda Barry

» Frank Beddor

» Ray Bradbury

» Steve Breen

» Max Brooks

» Ed Brubaker

» Matt Busch

» Jim Butcher

» Eddie Campbell

» Howard Chaykin

» Kim Deitch

» Mark Evanier

» Al Feldstein

» Keith Giffen

» Neil Googe

» Victor Gorelick

» Mike Grell

» Paul Gulacy

» Joe Hill

» Bryan Hitch

» John Howe » Al Jaffee

» Geoff Johns

» J.G. Jones

» Todd Klein

» Dean Koontz

» Jim Lee

» Rutu Modan

» Noel Neill

» Floyd Norman

» Jim Ottaviani

» Mike Peters

» Wendy Pini

» Steve Purcell

» Robert J. Sawyer

» James Shoop

» Jim Starlin

» Joe Staton

» J. Michael Straczynski

» Adrian Tomine

» Ethan Van Sciver

» James Warren

» Jeff Watts

» Len Wein

» Signe Wilkinson

» Bill Willingham

» Connie Willis

» Jim Woodring

» Bernie Wrightson

» Dean Yeagle

Once again, Comic-Con presents an incredibly diverse guest list including writers and artists from the worlds of comics and science fiction/fantasy/horror. The special guests listed above are confirmed for Comic-Con 2008, with more to come!

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

PLUS HUNDREDS OF ADDITIONAL CREATORS WILL BE APPEARING AT CORPORATE BOOTHS, ARTIST ALLEY TABLES & MORE!

An updated list of exhibitors can be found here:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exhib.shtml

Desert Wind Comics will once again call San Diego Comic Con it's home away from home. We will have a team of witnesses ready to handle any and all submissions. Please either PM or e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com. We are looking forward to another super show and maybe will have some surprise announcements made at the show for upcoming signings.

Chandler Rice

Desert Wind Comics

While they are not on any list above, these guests typically set up at the San Diego Con, and are probably of interest to people on this board:

Arthur Adams

J. Scott Campbell

Joyce Chin

Gene Ha

Adam Hughes

Tim Sale

Matt Wagner

I may be taking limited submissions, but I would highly recommend Chandler and his team of professionals.

Joel

I think all of the witnesses do a great job and to recommend one over the other is a little short sighted especially if you haven't dealt with them.

I dont think there is any problem reccomending anyone.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Joel is saying he can only do so much, but is trying to steer people to who he thinks will best service them. He is not trying to say at all that one is better than another. Just a reccomendation.

You guys could all reccomend each other I suppose if you like :)lol

I dont think there is any problem reccomending anyone.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Joel is saying he can only do so much, but is trying to steer people to who he thinks will best service them. He is not trying to say at all that one is better than another. Just a reccomendation.

You guys could all reccomend each other I suppose if you like :)lol

Your post made absolutely no sense.

Witnesses can solicit for requests in these threads. I don't mind if a Witness says "I can't handle the volume but so-and-so can and will do a good job" but ideally, let's let the customers make the referrals / testimonials here.

Leave it there please. Logic dictates that if a Witness was doing a bad job they wouldn't be allowed to solicit for requests here.

This is supposed to be a pro-San Diego thread! It's a huge show, lots of guests.

Witnesses currently accepting SS requests:

Desertwind Comics

Joel Elad

Jon Jespersen

Anyone else?

Regrettably, not yet. The con usually publishes Artist Alley and Professionals attending list, but it usually goes up a couple of weeks before the show.

Marvel, DC, Image, Hero Initiative and other companies usually put out press releases around the same time detailing who will be appearing at their booths.

Is there someone specific you are looking for? Many of us are already in contact with professionals or know by experience whether or not they will be there.