• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - San Diego Comic Con International July 23-27

83 posts in this topic

Thanks for the offer.I'll get it. Last year, I got the ticket, but gave it back to Marvel. I just like the game of being 1 of 50 to receive the ticket. I just dont have anything for him to sign. I was thinking about X-men #266, but that doesnt make any sense.

Someone I know got Hugh Jackman on Thursday. I was lucky enough to witness it. But I will let him identify himself in due time. :) There is even photographic proof of this, which we hope to obtain and post at some point.

We are all running around every day getting books signed left and right. It's a fun show, but also a lot of WORK! And tomorrow is the big day of the show! Oh, well, off to sort books and sleep! ;)

Joel

Just got home from the show. It was Awesome. First I do have to thank Kevin Boyd for all his help and just for putting up with me all weekend.

Some of the SS books Kevin and his team helped me get:

Batman 251 Neal Adams Jerry Robinson

Salvation Run Variant Neal Adams Jerry Robinson

Swamp Thing 7 Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson

Final Crisis 1 and 2 by Grant Morrison.

and a Jamie Bamber on a Battlestar Galactica comic.

just to name a few.

Chandler Rice was there on the spot and witnessed a Detective signed by Len Wein and a Superboy 227 signed by Joe Staton. The books may not have the most value but personal favorites. Thank you Desert Wind.

Bill from the CGC booth Helped Not only with 2 Thomas Jane signatures but with one of my Big ones. He was there when I got Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez on a couple of issues of Locke and Key. I also bought the slipcover sets and they are signed. :acclaim:

I also got a Umbrella Academy triple signed including Gerard Way. Thanks to JonJesper who Was a huge help. Not many were SS and I was one of the lucky few.

That is the highlight of my SS at the San Diego comic con. Over all a great show :headbang:

So I just spent a small fortune on grading ss and blue label. Just wanted to say thanks all the ppl at CGC, esp. Kevin who was able to get me some great sigs including JR jr. on a cable variant in addition to others. Can't wait what to see what else ended up getting signed.

Bill from the CGC booth Helped Not only with 2 Thomas Jane signatures but with one of my Big ones. He was there when I got Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez on a couple of issues of Locke and Key. I also bought the slipcover sets and they are signed. :acclaim:

I also got a Umbrella Academy triple signed including Gerard Way. A CGC witness who I do not want to name (I'll let him tell the story If he wants to) Was a huge help. Not many were SS and I was one of the lucky few.

That is the highlight of my SS at the San Diego comic con. Over all a great show :headbang:

Ok, out with it. Did you get an extra Locke and Key slipcover set for me? :grin: And who are the three on the UA book? (shrug)

When I bought my slipcovers I bought last of the second set (issues 4,5 and 6). Issue 6 is not out yet so it sold out fast. The next day I went back and the first slipcase was sold out. :sorry:

My Umbrella Acadamy #1 is signed by Gerard Way,Gabriel Bá and Dave Stewart.

Just wanted to say thanks to Kevin and his crew for their patience. I had my Goon #1 Avatar (First appeance of the Goon) signed and a small sketch of the Goon's head.

I think that was me and it was a GORGEOUS COPY!!!!

Jon

Just wanted to say thanks to Kevin and his crew for their patience. I had my Goon #1 Avatar (First appeance of the Goon) signed and a small sketch of the Goon's head.

I think that was me and it was a GORGEOUS COPY!!!!

Jon

Thanks for being my witness and reminding me on the sketch. Hopefully it's a high grade being that's there's only 1 SS.

I'm sure some actual attendees can give better info, but when my old employer sent people to the convention center, they stayed at the Marriott Marina. It's next door if memory serves, but definitely within walking distance.