• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Fantastic Four

24 posts in this topic

Damn speculator. grin.gif

This book will tank just like all the modern trash! The crash is coming! The crash is coming!

I'm looking forward to this book also. Anyone have Joe Collectors address so I can send him a copy? thumbsup2.gif

This book will tank just like all the modern trash! The crash is coming! The crash is coming!

I'm looking forward to this book also. Anyone have Joe Collectors address so I can send him a copy? thumbsup2.gif

J.C.

321 Chicken Little Lane

Sky Is Falling, B.C. BYR NE1

Canada

OK, I'm biased, but I just read the preview of Ultimate FF in Wizard and I can't wait for the book to come out!

I wasn't impressed. And I nearly vomited when it showed Reed as...a 14-year old kid in middle school. Yes, that's right, folks, Reed Richards is not even in high school in Ultimate FF. Yeah Caller, I don't think I cared much for this concept the first time around, when it was called "Power Pack". tongue.gif

Anyway, maybe I should applaud Marvel's efforts to publish another kid/teen-friendly book, but this adult is going to stick to comics with characters that have at least reached puberty.

Gene

news.gif Ultimate Marvel Team Up 9 - first app of Ultimate FF - anyone need one, LMK wink.gif27_laughing.gif

I know your comment was meant (partly) in jest Carl, but do you really think the MTU book will be considered their first app?

After all it portrayed the FF pretty much as they are in the mainline Marvel Universe and not as the re-designedand much younger Ultimate FF... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know what to make of the UMTU line...it was always meant to be a limited series, but then they debuted so many major Marvel main characters...Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Fist, FF, Doc Strange...it boggles the mind

but one thing I do know will be that it will show up in Overstreet as the first app Ultimate FF andprobably will not be qualified to bring up your valid popint that they are more like the original FF than the Ultimate makeover...

news.gif Ultimate Marvel Team Up 9 - first app of Ultimate FF - anyone need one, LMK wink.gif27_laughing.gif

I know your comment was meant (partly) in jest Carl, but do you really think the MTU book will be considered their first app?

Actually yes,Millar plans to work that tale into the new series.

J.C.

321 Chicken Little Lane

Sky Is Falling, B.C. BYR NE1

Canada

I guess the address says it all...... sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

OK, I'm biased, but I just read the preview of Ultimate FF in Wizard and I can't wait for the book to come out!

I wasn't impressed. And I nearly vomited when it showed Reed as...a 14-year old kid in middle school. Yes, that's right, folks, Reed Richards is not even in high school in Ultimate FF. Yeah Caller, I don't think I cared much for this concept the first time around, when it was called "Power Pack". tongue.gif

Gene,

You slay me with the 'Power Pack' comment!

I'm not all that happy with them being young teens either, but I have hope for the series because of these two names: Bendis. Millar.

Plus, I think they'll ffwd their ages up to late teens/early 20's within the first few issues (just a hunch).

I'm fairly certain that scene with Reed as a 14-year-old is an establishing flashback sequence, and not representative of the age he will be in the series proper.

Yeah Balki. U r dum. Ha-ha!

Yor fren,

Koas (Cusin Lerry)

Yes, from everything I've read about the series, the characters are not young teenagers in the book. This is probaby just the early origins of the character...they probably don't get their powers until they are much older. Still Reed Richards will probably be in his 20s rather than much older as in the regular comics.

I've always thought the Ultimate Universe was a bit of a copout...instead of coming out with new characters and truly being creative, they just rewrite the older characters. But I suppose the books sell, so people must enjoy them.

Yes, from everything I've read about the series, the characters are not young teenagers in the book.

Everything I've read indicates that they *are* teenagers. Maybe the middle school part is a flashback, but even Marvel's official Previews for the book introduces Reed as a "high school genius". Look at the cover and character sketches that have been released to date - they're all teenagers. No way are these temporary flashback characters that will be gone after an issue or two. It's been known for a while that they *are* going to be teenagers and it has been a hot topic on other chatboards.

Millar says in Wizard that the appearance of the adult FF in Ultimate Team-Up doesn't fit into the Ultimate Universe, "though [he] came up with a way it'll fit in as well." Sounds to me like the Smallville-ization of the Fantastic Four continues unabated.

Gene

Can I ask you to please read the book before you rip it?

This is why I hate advance press for narrative fiction...it biases you, and in every case, it dampens the experience to varying degrees. The dumbest advance press I've seen in years was for the movie "Castaway," where they showed Helen Hunt saying she was remarried in the film trailer...that one scene gave away 2/3 of the plot and story! foreheadslap.gif

I remember walking around telling all my elementary school friends back in early 1980 that the Empire Strikes Back was gonna suck because they were making Yoda a damned muppet complete with the voice of Fozzie the Bear/Miss Piggy...but whaddya know, it turned out to not suck at all. blush.gif