• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta auction on Ebay....

85 posts in this topic

There was no ill-will intended by me on that thread. I thought it was a great piece and saw it on Burkey's site for a while. I would be proud to have it in my collection. All I said was "glad it finally found a home", but matewan1990 took it as a jab when it wasn't intended as such.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but if something is for sale and you don't like it, move along or PM them. It's threadcrapping otherwise and it's frowned upon here on the boards...

Same thing if someone has a comic for sale in the marketplace and you think it's overgraded or overpriced.

actually, no one was threadcrapping the guy's art.. it was just an example and fortunately here in America we are allowed to discuss what we wish.. You don't have to become part of the discussion if you don't wish too.

But look, it's really very simple.. Brony used that guys drek as an example and nothing more

Paull has brought more attention to his piece being called drek, so if anything he has threadcrapped himself

like I said.. I've sold lots of drek, I sell lots and drek and I will continue to sell lots of other drek. So will anyone else whose business it is to sell collectibles.. You get 100 pieces, 70-90% of them are drek. Some people can only afford the drek and in teh comic hobby where prices are clearly out of control, drek gets higher priced all teh time.. That Nostrand page would have sold for $15 when Foster Vals of teh 1960s were $1000. Personaly I think if it still sold for $15 it would be over valued

actually, no one was threadcrapping the guy's art.. it was just an example and fortunately here in America we are allowed to discuss what we wish.. You don't have to become part of the discussion if you don't wish too.

It was a putdown on an item he has for sale and possibly interfering with his sale.

Something which is considered "not done" on these boards.

Fortunately here on the CGC boards we respect each other and each other's sales.

And please let the "America #1" rhetoric go it's silly and will only lead to political discussion which had no place on the boards.

This thread is all about the master that is Frank Frazetta and he is a much more enjoyable topic of discussion..so can't we get back to that ? :cloud9:

It was a putdown on an item he has for sale and possibly interfering with his sale.

Something which is considered "not done" on these boards.

Fortunately here on the CGC boards we respect each other and each other's sales.

And please let the "America #1" rhetoric go it's silly and will only lead to political discussion which had no place on the boards.

funny.. I don't know where you see me saying America is #1. I just said we have free speech.. if you don't like that fact I feel sorry for you, but seeing as my mother is Belgian, and I know what it's like there too and I know that you also have free speech, you should be happy we can say what we want.

Furthermore, when Bronty first mentioned the piece.. he was only using it an an example.. I'm sure there were plenty of other examples in the FS lists of garbage that he could have sited.. that just happened to be the garbage he was referring to this time. If you choose not to speak about anything, that's your choice.. But your sense of "PC" may not be someone else's sense of PC.

Personally I think that PC is a misguided approach to life anyway.. If the truth hurts you, maybe the problem is with you and not the person speaking.

At least in my case and some others, you know who is speaking out as opposed to so many of you who do not put out your identity so you can stand behind a cloak of anonymity.

Garbage art is garbage art.. There is lots of it out there.. if someone says it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck.. It probably is a duck. If you want to call it a peacock.. That is your right.. Myself.. I still think it's just a duck

This thread is all about the master that is Frank Frazetta and he is a much more enjoyable topic of discussion..so can't we get back to that ?

You can if you want to. Myself, I don't care what you want to talk about. That's your business. This board however is an open forum

funny.. I don't know where you see me saying America is #1. I just said we have free speech.. if you don't like that fact I feel sorry for you, but seeing as my mother is Belgian, and I know what it's like there too and I know that you also have free speech, you should be happy we can say what we want.

If saying "what you want" is disrespecting others or things that are close to their heart then it's much more a negative thing

Furthermore, when Bronty first mentioned the piece.. he was only using it an an example.. I'm sure there were plenty of other examples in the FS lists of garbage that he could have sited.. that just happened to be the garbage he was referring to this time. If you choose not to speak about anything, that's your choice.. But your sense of "PC" may not be someone else's sense of PC.

it's not my sense of PC, it's the board's sense of PC, we don't threadcrap period.

At least in my case and some others, you know who is speaking out as opposed to so many of you who do not put out your identity so you can stand behind a cloak of anonymity.

I have no idea who you are besides a guest on the CGC board going by the name of "comicartcom"

This thread is all about the master that is Frank Frazetta and he is a much more enjoyable topic of discussion..so can't we get back to that ?

You can if you want to. Myself, I don't care what you want to talk about. That's your business. This board however is an open forum

I'm so glad you made this statement

I have nothing to ad ... lol

I have no idea who you are besides a guest on the CGC board going by the name of "comicartcom"

Chromium.. considering that my name & links are in my signature included with every post.. I'm not sure how you couldn't know who I am

If saying "what you want" is disrespecting others or things that are close to their heart then it's much more a negative thing

I can only presume you didn't read Bronty's post referring to the Nostrand page.. aside from calling it drek he isn't poo-pooing anything. He used it an an example and even says in comparison to lots of modern age art it is underpriced.

Like I said.. there is lots of drek available on this board. I also said I have drek in my own stock and that I sell lots of drek every week. I'm not mad at myself for calling my own stuff drek. Drek is drek and it doesn't matter who owns it, it doesn't become "superb artwork" and if my saying that 90%+ of all modern age comic art is drek offends anyone.. well it shouldn't especially as it was not said to hurt.. It was said as: #1 my opinion and #2 from the experience of someone with 40+ years in the hobby and most of them at the very top of the hobby. I'll take my own opinion against almost anyone's in that regard

and to be sure.. I'll be posting a list of mostly drek soon.. all drek-interested parties should take a look at it

now to get back to Frazetta art..

WOW.. THAT THUNDA STORY IS SO FANTASTIC..

It's way better than some of the drek Frazetta has done

Chromium.. considering that my name & links are in my signature included with every post.. I'm not sure how you couldn't know who I am

Due to the plethora of obnoxious signatures out there, many of us elect in the "My Preferences" section to turn off other users' signatures. :gossip:

Due to the plethora of obnoxious signatures out there, many of us elect in the "My Preferences" section to turn off other users' signatures. :gossip:

I was clearly unaware of that and thanks for letting me know. Of course, I do indeed understand wanting to turn some of those signatures off.

But hey.. he could just as easily have looked at my profile.. which has more info than 99.9% of the profiles I have looked at here. I'm not hiding who I am, but I certainly wonder why so many do.

fortunately here in America we are allowed to discuss what we wish.

This isn't "America", it's a privately owned and operated message board. You have no rights here.

Richard was absolutely right, I was just using that page as an example in a general way. I'm surprised you're upset by it paull.

This is one aspect about the art forum that sucks. The piece is well worth the asking price but it is also most certainly drek. When I can't make a blatantly true statement like that without people turning it into drama that says something pretty sad about this message board. There have been plenty of four and five figure acquisitions I thought were too but didn't post about it. I thought to myself I could get away with saying on a piece this obviously drekkful. I guess not. Every piece out there is a friggin masterpiece and we should all be blessed to share the air with anyone who's ever touched ink to paper rantrant

the sad thing is I used that piece as my example because it was the least controversial piece I could think of lol

I'll tell you what paull - if you like I will put my money where my mouth is on both counts - a) that its worth the price and b) that its drek if you care to sell it to me. I'll be happy to pay your asking price and will also look forward to posting a DREK ART DAY upon its arrival.

invoice to marescad at telus.net if you care to sell

Richard was absolutely right, I was just using that page as an example in a general way. I'm surprised you're upset by it paull.

This is one aspect about the art forum that sucks. The piece is well worth the asking price but it is also most certainly drek. When I can't make a blatantly true statement like that without people turning it into drama that says something pretty sad about this message board. There have been plenty of four and five figure acquisitions I thought were too but didn't post about it. I thought to myself I could get away with saying on a piece this obviously drekkful. I guess not. Every piece out there is a friggin masterpiece and we should all be blessed to share the air with anyone who's ever touched ink to paper rantrant

With all the for sale posts on the Boards that hype up their piece of mess, you singled someone out that neither hyped up the piece nor asked an exorbitant amount. That's what I objected to. I'm not arguing about the quality of the piece... I simply objected to you all over it while it was for sale here on the Boards.

By the way, you should stick with the Golden Age of video game art, not that Bronze Age drek :)

I wasn't spooning all over it. It was a simple illustration to make a point. I said it was UNDERVALUED relative to other pieces. You offend too easily my friend. Since you objected to me calling your piece drek, I've even offered to pay you for the piece so that I can continue to call it drek every day for the rest of my life without upsetting any delicate sensibilities. :)

Look, I would like to say that I'm sorry if I offended you but IMO this is much ado about nothing. I can't apologize for calling it drek because I would call it drek if it was your piece, my piece, or anyone else's piece. Hence my offer to buy.

With all the for sale posts on the Boards that hype up their piece of mess,

this line proves my point. there is hype and hyperbole about pieces all the time. My point was why are people paying for THAT drek when they could be buying YOUR drek which is a better proposition. I'm on the side of your piece for god's sake and yet you see it as an attack (shrug)