• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta auction on Ebay....

85 posts in this topic

I was a little surprised. My understanding was that this was to be an all-Frazetta auction. Unfortunately he only got the Thunda and the Johnny Comet Sunday for the auction. I was hoping for some more gems.

Russ may be testing the market for the Thunda art & to be honest, they will realize better results if they sell them one at a time instead of having all the buying candidates doing a back room deal to let each bid $xxx for certain stories so they all can have one

I also don't doubt that Ellie may have changed her mind on how to release the art as well.......

If I understand correctly, there's a $100K reserve on the Thunda story which means it won't sell (or at least I'd be very surprised if it did). If this story doesn't sell, I don't know what that will mean for more art coming out of the Frazettas for Russ. Too bad it's being sold as a lot, I was hoping to wrangle a page out of it.

Ruben

in a world where mediocre Gene Colan TOS covers are $32K

where Byrne X-men splashes can sell for the price of a Ferrari

and

Ditko Spiderman art gets $8000 for a crappy page without Spidey or any villain in it

$200,000 for this Thunda story is like manna from Heaven

Rich

ebay doesn't show final bidding

only if an ebay member bid up to that amount

so it was at least $100,000

Russ was most likely on the phone taking bids and that would not be reflected on ebay

Hammer price is listed as $100,000.

The JOHNNY COMET Sunday's hammer price was $10,500.

Terry.. the prices listed on eBay are ebay-live results

this does not reflect the final bidding. it's a quirk of ebay live, but it probably has more to do with auctioneers not uploading the post sale results to the ebay live system becaue it isn't a requirement

ebay gets paid from the ebay live seller a specific fee and a % of final ebay bids if the winner's bid comes from ebay.

Of all sellers I know of, Heritage is the only one that updates ebay live with post auction results, but I'm not watching other comics auctions so I'm not aware if anyone else is. In movie posters.. no one updates the final hammer price for ebay except Heritage

so after there was no more ebay bidding for the item, Russ was definitely on the phone with other bidders clsoing teh auction. If you ever got a call from Russ, then you know how it works.

If there was no other bidder, then the $100,000 bid stands (which is actually $115,000 as Russ gets 15%)

we'll find out in SCOOP this week or next I'm sure

by the way Terry I was looking at your gallery.. I always find it fund to see "old friends" (art that I once owned). you have several EC covers that are Old Friends and a couple other pieces too...

Rich=====================

Terry.. the prices listed on eBay are ebay-live results

this does not reflect the final bidding. it's a quirk of ebay live, but it probably has more to do with auctioneers not uploading the post sale results to the ebay live system becaue it isn't a requirement

ebay gets paid from the ebay live seller a specific fee and a % of final ebay bids if the winner's bid comes from ebay.

Of all sellers I know of, Heritage is the only one that updates ebay live with post auction results, but I'm not watching other comics auctions so I'm not aware if anyone else is. In movie posters.. no one updates the final hammer price for ebay except Heritage

so after there was no more ebay bidding for the item, Russ was definitely on the phone with other bidders clsoing teh auction. If you ever got a call from Russ, then you know how it works.

If there was no other bidder, then the $100,000 bid stands (which is actually $115,000 as Russ gets 15%)

we'll find out in SCOOP this week or next I'm sure

by the way Terry I was looking at your gallery.. I always find it fund to see "old friends" (art that I once owned). you have several EC covers that are Old Friends and a couple other pieces too...

Rich

I got the results from Russ's web-site. Here's a link:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/16264/page3

I know the feeling . . . I've got several hundred pages of EC story art dispersed amongst collectors.

Rest assured, Rich, your old EC covers are well-looked after and admired lovingly.