• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Dangers

6 posts in this topic

So it's been a while (LONG while) since my last submission to CGC and the first two batches out of six have been graded. What I've learned:

(1) Grading skills appear to deteriorate over time (or at least mine did) ;)

(2) Ebay is still a crapshoot (Yes - we all know this, but you STILL find the rare seller that can grade or you just get lucky

Here's the breakdown of the first two batches:

9.8 - 1 (thumbs u - ebay purchase

9.6 - 7 (some ebay, Metropolis, board members)

9.4 - 7 (more ebay)

9.2 - 3 (more ebay - one qualified probably due to sig)

9.0 - 5 (one of these is PLOD :P

8.5 - 4 (ebay)

8.0 - 1

7.5 - 2 (one of these is a counterfiet copy)

3.5 -1 :eek: No idea what happened here. :grin:

The second batch is all from Koch

9.4 - 1

9.0 - 1

8.5 - 3

8.0 - 1

7.5 - 2

7.0 - 1

The last book in this batch was not Koch - probably ebay some time ago

The first group is a mix of CFD and Six Million Dollar Man. The second batch are all What If Vol 1.

The last book is Hulk 200 price variant.

I think I need to spend more time and possibly take a refresher course in the grading forum. hm

Three more batches to be graded - I'll update again when they're done.

It would be much more illustrative if you told us what your opinion on the books was prior to sending them in.

Or scans / auction images.

Good luck at any rate. I'm going to predict at least three MVS comments in this thread

It would be much more illustrative if you told us what your opinion on the books was prior to sending them in.

Or scans / auction images.

Good luck at any rate. I'm going to predict at least three MVS comments in this thread

yea

No scans right now - the books are still at CGC. As to my grades prior to submission.

Well, I took all these books to the Emerald City Con directly to the CGC booth. I mistakenly forgot that the con was on a particular weekend and only had a limited window to get them prepped and ready to go so I didn't write down any grades on any of them. (shrug)

I'm sure the MVS comments will be a plenty. (worship):grin:

Next batch(es): :grin:

This first bunch of 20 are some Savage Sword of Conan, One Graphic Novel ('The Price) and some I, Lushipur books: ALL of these are from ebay I believe.

9.8 - 4! BOOYAY! *Happy Dance* :grin: (2 of these are from a major ebay seller)

9.6 - 2

9.4 - 5

9.2 - 2

9.0 - 2

8.5 - 3

7.5 - 1

6.0 - 1

Overall a bit more pleased on this bunch. :applause:

The next bunch are a mixture of more I, Lushipur books and Vampirella Mags. I'm not sure the origin of the Vampy books - all the Lush issues are from ebay

:(

9.6 - 4

9.4 - 2

9.2 - 2

9.0 - 2

8.5 - 3

8.0 - 1

7.5 - 1

7.0 - 2

6.0 - 1

5.0 - 1

The lower grades are not a shock on this one as I knew the mags were not the best, but overall not bad.

Two more batches to go, but they're not even scheduled for grading yet so it will be a bit. :hi: