• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's baaaack!

12 posts in this topic

Chuck's latest:

"In case you're wondering why I'm having another codeword sale so soon after the one we held in September, the answer is easy: Marvel Ad! During the 1980's and early 1990's, we were the largest single advertiser in Marvel Comics, purchasing well over 100 full-page ads. During the past couple of years, however, while Marvel has been in internal turmoil, no new advertising space has been offered to us. That changed early last month, when I finally received a call offering me a another full page in Marvel's books. That's the good news. The bad news is that the price of the page (of course...) was a lot higher than we ever paid in the past. As a result, I had to come up with just a killer of a promotion in order to justify that substantial additional cost. After a day of discussions with the Mile High management team, we all finally decided that they only logical thing to do was to have a codeword sale built into the new Marvel ad.

An important factor that you need to know is that the Marvel ads containing the BARGAINS codeword will start releasing in tomorrow's new Marvel Comics shipment. Additional Marvel issues with the BARGAINS codeword will then be released over the next six weeks. I am mentioning this timing because I think that it behooves everyone who is already a regular customer of Mile High Comics to shop our inventory ahead of the crowd of newbies that most likely will be drawn to our website as a result of our new ad in Marvel."

So does this mean Chuck has raised his prices 20% in order to give 10% to "codeword" customers? What a strategist! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Wasn't there an article in CBG about Chuck systematically raising his prices before his sales? foreheadslap.gif

only 30%? He must be losing the pulse of the back issue market. Why there was a time when you could count on Chuck to go at least 150% of guide. Sigh!

Are these the signs of the crash I hear about, when Chuck only raises his prices 30%.

foreheadslap.gif

only 30%? He must be losing the pulse of the back issue market. Why there was a time when you could count on Chuck to go at least 150% of guide. Sigh!

Are these the signs of the crash I hear about, when Chuck only raises his prices 30%.

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry, I meant 30% over the usual wacky prices 893frustrated.gif

Marvel raised prices on the cost of ad space from a few years back? What a novel concept. I guess in Chuck's alternate reality, prices of everything but comic back issues remain the same. confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris

Mile high management team.??

I though he was a dicktator?

what team?

Dictator, what do you know about dictators? When I was in school, our dictator made me walk to school 5 miles each way. UP HILL BOTH WAYS!

You all don't know what you are talking about. These are all lies by that devil Rumsfeld. Mile High Comics has the cheapest prices in all of the civilized world! Any other talk is just an illusion. You all lie every day!

Mile high management team.??

I though he was a dicktator?

what team?

Dictator, what do you know about dictators? When I was in school, our dictator made me walk to school 5 miles each way. UP HILL BOTH WAYS!

You all don't know what you are talking about. These are all lies by that devil Rumsfeld. Mile High Comics has the cheapest prices in all of the civilized world! Any other talk is just an illusion. You all lie every day!

what do I knwo about dictators?

Not only did I have to walk to school up hill 7 mile I had to do it in waist high snow.

and in mile high comics emphasis is on the high