• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats to Colmoreman for Completing the Marvel Bronze #1 Set!

40 posts in this topic

Kudos Mark! For those of you that aren't denizens of the Marvel Bronze #1 set, Mark has had an absolutely spectacular set for a long time. But it was missing that pesky Marvel Movie Showcase from 1982. Sometime in the last 3-4 weeks Mark picked up a sweet 9.6 #1. Congratulate Mark as one of the kings of CGC Bronze and just being an all around good guy. Way to go!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=4300

Kudos Mark! For those of you that aren't denizens of the Marvel Bronze #1 set, Mark has had an absolutely spectacular set for a long time. But it was missing that pesky Marvel Movie Showcase from 1982. Sometime in the last 3-4 weeks Mark picked up a sweet 9.6 #1. Congratulate Mark as one of the kings of CGC Bronze and just being an all around good guy. Way to go!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=4300

A superb effort!! :applause::applause:

Though kinda funny a 20 point book finishes the run... tis the way lol (thumbs u

Holy , that's impressive.

One question... where are the annuals? :shrug:

Captain America Annual #1

Chamber Of Darkness Special #1

Chili Queen-Size Special #1

Conan The Barbarian Annual #1

Daredevil Annual #1

Doctor Strange Annual #1

Eternals Annual #1

Howard The Duck Annual #1

Invaders Annual #1

John Carter, Warlord Of Mars Annual #1

Mad About Millie Annual #1

Marvel Team Up Annual #1 (that's a key early New X-Men appearance)

Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1

Master Of Kung Fu Annual #1

Micronauts Annual #1

My Love Annual #1

Power Man Annual #1

Rawhide Kid Special #1

Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1

Star Wars Annual #1

Tarzan Annual #1

Tower Of Shadows Special #1

X-Men Annual #1

Captain America Annual #1

Chamber Of Darkness Special #1

Chili Queen-Size Special #1

Conan The Barbarian Annual #1

Daredevil Annual #1

Doctor Strange Annual #1

Eternals Annual #1

Howard The Duck Annual #1

Invaders Annual #1

John Carter, Warlord Of Mars Annual #1

Mad About Millie Annual #1

Marvel Team Up Annual #1 (that's a key early New X-Men appearance)

Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1

Master Of Kung Fu Annual #1

Micronauts Annual #1

My Love Annual #1

Power Man Annual #1

Rawhide Kid Special #1

Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1

Star Wars Annual #1

Tarzan Annual #1

Tower Of Shadows Special #1

X-Men Annual #1

:shrug:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=4291

Yeah -- but why aren't they in that first set. They *are* different titles, just check the indicia. If it's going to include the promos and give aways it should also have all of the regular issues/titles, IMO. Besides, some of those things are really hard to find in high grade.

It's always hard to put a date on when Bronze ended. Everyone seems to have a different opinion as to when it ended just as to when it began :)) . It's especially difficult if you try and juggle the end of Bronze with the beginning of Copper. Is there a time frame where the books are neither? I agree that it is somewhat arbitrary but there has to be a time frame and none of them would or could be perfect.

As to the issue of Annuals, I think you make a valid point, SG, but I don't feel the same way you do. To me it is ongoing titles and one-shots. It would be sweet to put together a separate Bronze Annual set! hm