• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman, Complete run + 3D #1 and Apocrypha 1-3!

19 posts in this topic

The complete run of one of the greatest series of all time. I've graded these very conservatively. Any one of them could grade .2 higher. I recently sold shiverbones a raw Batman 242 9.4 that came back from CGC a 9.6.

Here we go...

1) 9.0

2) 9.2

3) 9.4

4) 9.4

5) 9.2

6) 9.6

7) 9.0

8) 8.5

9) 9.4

10) 9.4

11) 9.2

12) 9.4

13) 9.4

14) 9.2

15) 9.2

16) 9.6

17) 9.4

18) 9.4

19) 9.6

20) 8.5

21) 9.6

22) 9.6

23) 9.0

24) 9.6

$395 shipped.

First :takeit: gets it!

Jeff

I didn't see those this morning. I would have taken them as I've always wanted to read them to see what the hype is about...why are some of those issues to expensive?

R.

I didn't see those this morning. I would have taken them as I've always wanted to read them to see what the hype is about...why are some of those issues to expensive?

R.

They're expensive because they were reprinted in the original HC and softcover TPBs, but they haven't been reprinted elsewhere due to the legal issues.

Alan Moore did the first arcs and then Neil Gaiman took over so you really can't go wrong there...

Great series! (thumbs u

It's certainly not a sales record. A set sold on eBay recently for over $500.

I sold a slightly higher graded full set in 2005 for $440 - at the time I thought this was amazing - I'd expect $700 now - so great bargain to be had.

When I was ill last year I sold my CGC graded set (individually) - most issues were in CGC 9.8 including 15 and 24 - combined it sold for just under $2,800!!!

I've spent $1,350 so far buying it back and I've only got a third of the issues!

MM is HOT!!!

#15 is one of the most gruesome comics ever published. The later issues had small print runs so they're pretty scarce.

Not only that, but there was also a flood at the Eclipse warehouse right around issue #15 - wiped out a huge part of their stock, so even though the print run on Miracleman #15-16 was pretty decent, the actual number of copies that still exist is minimal.

In regards to #24, it came out more than a year after #23 - by that time, interest in the Miracleman series had pretty much waned, so the print run was tiny.

It's certainly not a sales record. A set sold on eBay recently for over $500.

I sold a slightly higher graded full set in 2005 for $440 - at the time I thought this was amazing - I'd expect $700 now - so great bargain to be had.

When I was ill last year I sold my CGC graded set (individually) - most issues were in CGC 9.8 including 15 and 24 - combined it sold for just under $2,800!!!

I've spent $1,350 so far buying it back and I've only got a third of the issues!

MM is HOT!!!

No joke - getting the rest of those books back is going to be bloody expensive. And I'm sure it doesn't help that there are other people on this board (ahem) who are also working towards the #1 Miracleman set :)

I'm beginning the process of selling off a bunch of moderns, and it's just easier to sell complete runs than to pick out the one or two that are worth slabbing and then trying to sell the remaining now incomplete sets. There's also the psychological closure of selling off a complete set of a title that you've really enjoyed, rather than the slow torture of letting it go piece by piece.

If any of you have any experience with torrents, I'm pretty sure you can find one with the entire run in there.

:whistle: