• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One more new guy, and a new find!

42 posts in this topic

wouldnt mind finding ASM #45 and #50

especially as #50 has an awesome cover and is sorta key.

i heard someone picked up AF #15 or ASM #1 or #2 in the late 90s at a car boot sale for a few £s

Thanks guys.

I have one question though... I noticed this guy here, greggy, he has like fourty thousand posts or something ridiculous like that.

Is that post count actually real or some joke? (shrug)

It's REAL and a JOKE! :insane:

WELCOME A-BOARD! :headbang:

I've been lurking around the forum for a couple months. I decided to join today, yada yada, you know the story...

And now for my little introduction. I've been collecting on and off for 7 or so years? Something like that, I started when I was fairly young. I'm 18 years old now, my funds are limited, but I do the best I can. I started out a big fan of the hulk, I'd snatch up any issues featuring him at my local comic shop, always looking for the oldest ones I could find. I gathered up a cute little collection ranging from TTA 60, to moderns. I had the biggest fascination with old comics when I was young!

As I've gotten older I've become very interested in the artistic aspect of comics. I've been collecting mostly steranko and wrightson, and any comic books that catch my eye. I've got a want list and have been lucky to run into the issues on that list frequently. If you guys are curious about the list I'll post it.

On to the portion of this topic some of you might actually be interested in

Nothing too huge really, but I made a little "find". Not so much a find really, I'd say the comics found me:

It's a known fact within my family that I love my comics. And I'm glad I make it known! My mom's boyfriend grew up in the late fifties and sixties. He read his fair share of comics as a young kid, and luckily he decided to make sure he didn't lose them. A couple years back, they were cleaning out his mother's garage when they found two old boxes that read "Comic Books". He had a look at them, and they've been sitting in his closet since then.

Well, my mom knew I liked comics, and she told me about it. Her boyfriend agreed to let me take any comics I wanted from the boxes! After a couple days with the boxes at my house, he decided to let me keep them all. The boxes contained mostly comics from the 60's, and some comics from the 50's thrown in there. Publishers varied, Dell, Gold Key, Whitman, Marvel, DC, etc.

Here's some pics:

88869617qu5.jpg

---

94392691oe6.jpg

It's no pedigree, but pretty cool!

Glad to be here. =)

Welcome to the Boards!

By the way, if you are looking to give away the Tales of Suspense 83 PM me and I can give you the address to send it to...

CAL who likes Iron Man