• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gee...... do you think everything on this site is pressed?

362 posts in this topic

Flamethrowing is usually the downfall of boards.

I have no problem with his books or his site.

First sentence is a FACT!!!

Everyone loses on a Board that allows Flamethrowing. Only the pinhead Trolls can't/don't/won't see or comprehend how the quality of any Board that allows garbage just tanks bigtime...

CAL who has quit a few Boards and gave up on the Oxygen-wasting, useless vermin on Bad Boards( one in paticular)...

They sent me an email today to announce their new site.

Gee, do you think the comics they are selling just might be pressed?

doh!

Are you really so naive to think that EVERY one of Stephens books are pressed? Why? Just because he and Matt are in business?

Please, open your eyes a little, figure out what pressing is and isnt, and then think about the huge inventory that he has.

Posts an thoughts like this just really really get to me for their, imho, sheer lack of intelligent thinking.

Painting with broad brush strokes is a favorite past time around here Arex, didn't you know that?

I think it was probably an attempt at humor and I imagine only those book with decent profit potential or pressed, which is probably a very small percentage, but since they disclose it all, it's not a problem.

Yeah, like pressing threads or the topic of pressing is just a laugh-riot here that people think that a post about all of someone's inventory being pressed is a shiiits and giggles comment

:yeahok:

Hey, I've got a great idea then...

Why don't they proactively disclose which ones have and which ones haven't?

I know it's a totally out-there thought, but it might just quell the dissent. (shrug)

Yeah, like pressing threads or the topic of pressing is just a laugh-riot here that people think that a post about all of someone's inventory being pressed is a shiiits and giggles comment

I know it's a totally out-there thought, but it might just quell the dissent. (shrug)

I agree Nick that disclosure would not be a bad thing.

However, i doubt that act would stop the accusations and assumptions regarding Matt (and make no mistake this is who this is about) from being continued.

The next step would be to assume that he isnt disclosing everything and every book that he presses.

I have an idea. It seems the pro-pressing faction here on the cgc boards, outnumbers the anti-pressing crowd by about ten to one, or thereabouts. How about every time someone makes an anti pressing comment, the pro-pressers or the I don't care either way people, just ignore it. Seems like it would either die out very quickly, or end up being a thread where a few anti-pressers talk for a while and then move on. As it is, the hostility of the pro pressing faction seems to heat this topic up every time. Just ignore it and it may go away. The act of a number of pro-pressing people, jumping on a lone anti-pressing person, not only appears unseemly but keeps the debate alive.

I have an idea. It seems the pro-pressing faction here on the cgc boards, outnumbers the anti-pressing crowd by about ten to one, or thereabouts. How about every time someone makes an anti pressing comment, the pro-pressers or the I don't care either way people, just ignore it. Seems like it would either die out very quickly, or end up being a thread where a few anti-pressers talk for a while and then move on. As it is, the hostility of the pro pressing faction seems to heat this topic up every time. Just ignore it and it may go away. The act of a number of pro-pressing people, jumping on a lone anti-pressing person, not only appears unseemly but keeps the debate alive.

You are kidding right? Pro-pressers are the hostile ones? lol

I find it hard to sit back and ignore when someone makes a blanket statement based in ignorance. I believe that I have made my points with little vitriol and such.

Oh, and if people who are, as you deem, pro-pressing dont speak up, then where is the other side of the debate to educate the unknowing masses about the debate?

How about you disclose that the reason you are so peed off is because you don't eat vegetables.

Eat some asparagus, learn to love some lettuce you carnivore

I like fried zucchini :shrug:

now that i think of it, i like most anything fried :luhv:

However, i doubt that act would stop the accusations and assumptions regarding Matt (and make no mistake this is who this is about) from being continued.

The next step would be to assume that he isnt disclosing everything and every book that he presses.

Not from me, it wouldn't.

If Matt disclosed, I would not begrudge him his line of work. I might not agree with it, but it would be his decision.

Hell, if they proactively disclosed, I could make informed decisions and maybe even buy from them. I've bought from Stephen Ritter in the past and he's a top bloke. However, as things stand, I'm not going to play the guessing game with their stock and so will have to avoid it. :(

If Matt disclosed, I would not begrudge him his line of work. I might not agree with it, but it would be his decision.

Hell, if they proactively disclosed, I could make informed decisions and maybe even buy from them. I've bought from Stephen Ritter in the past and he's a top bloke. However, as things stand, I'm not going to play the guessing game with their stock and so will have to avoid it. :(

Nick, what is so wrong with you asking if a book is pressed?

How about you disclose that the reason you are so peed off is because you don't eat vegetables.

Eat some asparagus, learn to love some lettuce you carnivore

lol

It's the 10th anniversary of the first time I spoke with Michele today and we're going off to our 'local' gastropub. They know me well enough to never serve anything with even a hint of green on the plate. :cloud9:

Great idea.

They know which ones they pressed, so why not reveal it. If the market does not discount pressing, then it should not matter, they will still get their best price.

Nick, what is so wrong with you asking if a book is pressed?

How about 'I shouldn't have to'?

Look, if it's colour-touch, it's disclosed. If it's a second print, it's disclosed. If it's signed on the first page, it's disclosed.

Why do I have to be the only one jumping through hoops, rather than clicking a button and simply buying? (shrug)