• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The only Jimmy Olsen thread we will ever need

63 posts in this topic

MASSIVE prices on the Toth JOs that went up in the weekly Heritage auction that just wrapped up. There's a lot of love going on for NM early SA Superman-related titles.

Somehow this one slipped through and I won it for barely over 2X Guide. :) I'll have to wait until I get the book in hand to see how bad that thing is on the FC right edge.

JimmyOlsen55.jpg

MASSIVE prices on the Toth JOs that went up in the weekly Heritage auction that just wrapped up. There's a lot of love going on for NM early SA Superman-related titles.

Somehow this one slipped through and I won it for barely over 2X Guide. :) I'll have to wait until I get the book in hand to see how bad that thing is on the FC right edge.

JimmyOlsen55.jpg

Great book. Extra nice when the price is not so excessive. SA DC on Heritage is too hot for words.

No, unfortunately not. I decided at the start not to upgrade from the Toth collection, but instead only buy what I don't already have. The ultra high prices realized throughout these auctions have not tempted me to change my mind on that decision!

What beautiful books these Olsens are. Still stunned at the $1700+ price on the #44. Someone really wanted that one.

Demonstrating one of my super powers here, Danny.

The Olsen you bought was #22

Also #21.

But #22 was the priority

:shy:

No on the 21....and I failed on the Action 261 :sorry:

jo22cgc.jpg

This book is horrible to find in nice shape. Here is my original copy:

jo22.jpg

I think too much emphasis sometimes is on how difficult it is to get 9.2/9.4's when some books can be just as hard to get in say 7.5! I find the 22 to be from a much more difficult time frame to find in nice shape than say that 55.

Plus the 22 is a cover I love! Hey, it's part of the big head purple cover trilogy!

act256.jpg

ll27.jpg

Hey Silver, that was my bid that you beat to take the Jimmy Olsen #22! I thought you had finished your Jimmy Olsen run! I was hoping all the attention would be focused on the near mint copies! The J.O. #61 went for 20 times the 9.2 guide value, incredible! I lost out on the Action #261 too, guess it pays to snipe at the very last seconds of an auction!

I guess they didn't get the memo about the financial crisis and all assets being pulled down as a result. :Plol

The final price on the JO #53 is absolutely staggering.

Warren Buffet must be collecting now....3k for a JO 53 :roflmao:

Figured I give the thread a kick

Just back today...... :cloud9:

Going to list it for sale though

Steve

jo68.jpg

Congrats, Steve, you've hit the jackpot on the hottest title in the world. That's got to be an easy $100K! :/

Random info....Flipped the channel on the TV and was watching an old movie "Help" from 1965 which starred the Beatles who were being chased by a band of foreign agents. In the scene in which Paul is accidentally injected with a shrinking serum the camera pans to a collection of Jimmy Olsen comics sitting atop the music stand on Paul's organ.