• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The only Jimmy Olsen thread we will ever need

63 posts in this topic

Well done Silver! Great to see so many Olsen books. A nightmare run for any HG collector with some issues tough in any grade. #18, as mentioned, is one of the hardest. Harley had a nice copy a few years ago. The only copy known above VF is the Bethlehem copy. I think several books are tied for toughest overall, but #7 is particularly difficult, again, with only the Bethlehem copy known to be above VF.

Finding early Jimmy Olsen in high grade is a very daunting task to say the least and there is plenty of competition for those gems! Last night during the Heritage auction a Jimmy Olsen #26 in CGC 9.0 OW/W Toth pedigree sold for $717!

Finding early Jimmy Olsen in high grade is a very daunting task to say the least and there is plenty of competition for those gems! Last night during the Heritage auction a Jimmy Olsen #26 in CGC 9.0 OW/W Toth pedigree sold for $717!

I have seen crazy prices for HG 50's DC's. I can almost safely say that anyone who only wants HG books will never complete either a Superboy or Jimmy Olsen run. You may get a few, you may get more than a few....you won't get em all 8.0 or above no matter how much you spend. Competition is too fierce, and the available copies are too scarce, and many people who own em aren't selling at any price....I know I'm not. :devil:

I have seen crazy prices for HG 50's DC's. I can almost safely say that anyone who only wants HG books will never complete either a Superboy or Jimmy Olsen run. You may get a few, you may get more than a few....you won't get em all 8.0 or above no matter how much you spend. Competition is too fierce, and the available copies are too scarce, and many people who own em aren't selling at any price....I know I'm not. :devil:

Even reader copies of the earlier issues attract strong competition. I know -- I usually lose.

Jack

Congradulations!!! on a beyond tough to acomplish COMPLETE SET of Jimmy Olsens. Imagine what a CGC 9.6 or 9.8 copy of Jimmy Olsen #1 would go for at auction if one ever grades that high?(clap clap clap-- job well done!)

Well done, Silver! Congratulations!

It always trips me out to see JO 44 and 52. The same story, not even a year apart. lol what were they thinking?

jo44.jpg

jo52.jpg

Well done, Silver! Congratulations!

It always trips me out to see JO 44 and 52. The same story, not even a year apart. lol what were they thinking?

jo44.jpg

jo52.jpg

Sequel?

Yes. The "Superman's Pal as a Wolfman" story was so popular that it demanded a sequel. In the first story, the curse is broken when Supergirl (who's existance to the general public was still a secret at the time) kisses young Olsen.

I dont recall how the sequel ends...anyone?

You'd think that after the first time he messed with that stupid purple bottle, he'd have learned his lesson.

Jimmy Olsen: Super-dumbasss

You'd think that after the first time he messed with that stupid purple bottle, he'd have learned his lesson.

Jimmy Olsen: Super-dumbasss

how about Jimmy Olsen: Super-dumbasss Hippie...

0083252015O.jpg